IGNORED

Video games found at Goodwill with absurd price tags

bluejay

6 hours ago, bluejay said:

Hmm, it seems to be the opposite for me. Goodwill SoCal charges anywhere between $25-50 for stereo audio equipment(tuners, cassette decks, etc.) most of the time, but games are all $2.99 to $5.99, and sometimes more or less than that for cartridges. It is true that they charge $15 for some generic SNES football cart, but it's also true that I bought a Sega Genesis for $4.99.

I once paid like $2 for a Shining Force II cart at my local Goodwill...

• Like 1

On 3/31/2020 at 9:29 PM, DragonGrafx-16 said:

I once paid like $2 for a Shining Force II cart at my local Goodwill...

I think the range just runs depending on the store.  I mentioned a couple more spendy but still very worth items in that post the other day.  But a year and a quarter ago, I went into a goodwill and paid $6 and got a full dreamcast setup, 4 controllers, 2 bleh mem paks and 1 legit, same with rumblers, and vmus(all real) and a trash loose sports disc in the drive to test it.  Less than a week later, it was $20 but you can't argue a full N64 setup either (not 4 controllers, just 2) with a stack of games worth over $100.  It's always random unless some scumbag runs the shop running their own personal ebay fiefdom or worse, it never shows up except on their own tagged shop goodwill account or ebay equal as they use it too.

On 3/30/2020 at 1:28 PM, bluejay said:

Goodwill never buys. They always have these giant bins and warehouses where people can leave their unwanted stuff. All donations.

They do buy stuff.

All of the red (maybe purple too?) tag item clearance / returns item from big box stores - like target. It's just bought DIRT cheap - like pennies on the dollar.

Never buy red tags that has been RE -taped shut! Its probably broken/ missing parts.

I once bought a Bummble-Bee transformer that was a red tag retape - it had TWO LEFT LEGS!

But was packed so I couldn't see it. Returning it was PITA.

"you should have opened and checked before you bought it!"

Thats not I was told. Opening sealed item Is against store policy.

"We can only exchange it for something right now for $25"

There is NOTHING here I want for $25, can I get a store credit?

"no"

OK, well, I'm just going to stand right here until I get my money refunded.

"I Guess I'll get a manager."

• Like 2