IGNORED

More TEII Speech Nonsense: "Still TI" - A "Still Alive" Parody for Terminal Emulator II

pixelpedant

Hey folks.  So last weekend I put out that TEII allophone speech rendition of Video Killed the Radio Star (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F4NOZCMi-HM&t=6m40s).  And a couple other songs that might deserve a TEII treatment came up, one of which was Portal's "Still Alive".  

Well, the idea kind of grew in my head, and it turned into a parody version with ideas of its own. 

I give you "Still TI" - a TI-themed TEII Portal parody.  Because the world needed that right now.  That more than anything.  Now more than ever:

• Like 11
  • Haha 4

Incidentally, here are the files, in case anyone wishes to run them on their own TI-99/TEII.  Though they're not doing anything special, in and of themselves. 

STILLTIFF is the TI BASIC loader/player (in TIFILES format).  STILLTIFF.txt is that same program in Windows text.  And SNDREP is the file from which it grabs all the allophone patterns (which the program will assume is in DSK1 barring modification).  Putting SNDREP and STILLTIFF in DSK1 , followed by OLD DSK1.STILLTIFF and RUN should get it going.

SNDREP STILLTIFF STILLTIFF.TXT

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

If you want to try it in MAME, here is the DSK file.

mame64 ti99_4a -cart termemu2 -ioport peb -ioport:peb:slot3 speech -ioport:peb:slot8 hfdc -flop1 stillti.dsk

This is a particular hard test for the quality of the Speech Synthesizer emulation, and I think it is quite close to the original. :)

stillti.dsk

• Like 5