IGNORED

ICD US Doubler manual

Evidious

Since my job is closed for the next few weeks and the bars are closed and the restaurants are dine in only

I have a lot of free time.

I could never find the Manual for the US Doubler it's probably out there but I can't find it.

So I typed in all the files from the .DOC on the disk.

If any one wants to add,correct,proof read, amend, and update it and make a PDF and post it please do. 

I used notepad++ to type it in

US Doubler Manual.txt

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Wait.. this is talking about superdos, XF551s, and a US Duplicator v5.

ICD US Doubler is an upgrade for the 1050 drive to give it double density and ultra speed.

1050 Duplicator (from Duplicating Technologies/Gardner(?)) is another upgrade for copying disks that provides ultra speed and track buffering (incredible buffering).

Documents for both are floating around.

here is a link to the Duplicator files: http://www.realdos.net/1050 Duplicator.html

and http://www.oldcrows.net/~patchell/atari/duplicator.html

I think I posted different versions of the manual up on archive.org..  If not I can scan them. 

• Like 1

On 3/29/2020 at 2:52 AM, Evidious said:

Hi Karl;

Thanks for your help! I have the Installation Manual but not the actual operating manual for the U.S. Doubler by ICD 

As far as i know but i could be wrong it's different than the US Duplicator.

-Bobby

When I purchased a US Doubler in the late 80's it came bundled with SpartaDOS Construction Set. Appendix F of this manual covers installation of the US Doubler hardware, and Appendix G covers the interface.

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, Evidious said:

Thanks Mr. Fish,I do have the installation manual. Just no info on the U.S. Doubler.

Yes, I saw you mentioned that already. I was just posting that as info for others who might not be aware that the installation manual itself has been scanned too.

The disk you have confuses me when you say "US Doubler Disk".  The text file you are referencing is part of SuperDos: https://atariwiki.org/wiki/Wiki.jsp?page=SuperDOS  which is not part of the US Doubler package.

Most information you would want for the USD is in the ICD SpartaDos documents, and various places here in AA.  As you know, the US Doubler is just a device that gives the 1050 double density and high speed SIO, it consist of a ROM and RAM chip stack.  Almost every, perhaps every 3rd party, double density DOS supports it in some way.

• 3 weeks later...
9 minutes ago, jcbstein said:

Here is the 1986 US Doubler Manual and Installation Tip Sheet. If anyone is still looking for it. I uploaded these to archive.org as well.

ICD US DOUBLER MANUAL.pdf 9.87 MB · 2 downloads Installation tips.pdf 701.88 kB · 2 downloads

Nice! Good to have the ICD version with updated information.

Did you scan these yourself?

• Like 1

10 hours ago, jcbstein said:

Yes, I Scanned them myself.

Thanks! The content is virtually the same as that which is included in the SparaDOS Construction Set appendix, but it's nice to see a nice color scan of the US Doubler specific booklet with colour cover.

The "original" us doublers sold by B&C computervision today include an original epoxy ICD branded RAM module, but with an EPROM and only a b&w photocopy of the installation guide.