IGNORED

Name that Alternative Atari Game!

Karl G

Just for fun and to pass the time, I've created a small challenge. I have changed just a single letter in 10 different Atari titles, thereby completely changing the nature of the game. The descriptions for the resulting games are below. Can you guess the titles of the new games?

Example: A small rodent must battle supernatural forces that seek him out.

A: Haunted Mouse (Haunted House)

These are original BITD titles, either by Atari or a third-party developer.

1. As the postmaster general In a time of war, you direct your subordinates in the dangerous task of delivering personal letters to houses.
  2. In this game, you must patrol the coastline of your island nation, repelling smugglers who would flood your markets with foreign seasonings.
  3. You are tasked with collecting the internal organs from registered donors, even if they are not yet deceased.
  4. In retaliation for spy equipment sent to your world, you launch an attack fleet against the larger offending neighboring planet.
  5. Nearby kingdoms attempt to demoralize one another by sending increasingly scathing messages back and forth.
  6. In this action-packed title, you must defend your home village from the invading hordes of religious zealots.
  7. Aliens are taking over the planet, and their only weakness is music. It is rumored that the right song can completely neutralize them, but can you find it in time?
  8. Due to extreme rationing, knitting supplies are limited, so you must go from store to store searching for supplies while fending off other shoppers.
  9. In order to get vital supplies for your family, you must navigate a earthquake-devastated shopping center safely.
  10. You are a small Australian marsupial trying to survive in the unforgiving wilderness.
  • Like 5

This is awesome. I think I know a few but am only going to answer one so that others can play.

39 minutes ago, Karl G said:

2. In this game, you must patrol the coastline of your island nation, repelling snugglers who would flood your markets with foreign seasonings.

Space Invaders => Spice Invaders

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Karl G said:

8. Due to extreme rationing, knitting supplies are limited, so you must go from store to store searching for supplies while fending off other shoppers.

Karl, you did a great job on these.  You would have had a bright career at GAMES magazine.

Would no. 8 happen to be Yarn Revenge?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, JayAre said:

Karl, you did a great job on these.  You would have had a bright career at GAMES magazine.

Thanks! That's not the answer I had in mind, but that kind of works as well.  ? 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Karl G said:

8. Due to extreme rationing, knitting supplies are limited, so you must go from store to store searching for supplies while fending off other shoppers.

12 minutes ago, JayAre said:

10 minutes ago, Karl G said:

Thanks! That's not the answer I had in mind, but that kind of works as well.  ? 

I'm thinking it's Yarnstorming

Loving these!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Karl G said:

5. Nearby kingdoms attempt to demoralize one another by sending increasingly scathing messages back and forth.

Well, it's been a while since anyone answered, so I'll try one.  I have three, but I'm not sure about the other two, so I'll try this one...

Is no. 5 WarWords?

• Like 1

I did think of Wombat for number 10 as well, but if you've ever disturbed a wombat burrow they are 60 pounds of incredibly aggressive pure muscle with claws at the end that can cut through the hardest dirt as if it were butter. As you run for your life, you probably don't think of the wombat as "small".

You can tell if a wombat burrow is nearby by the presence of cubic scat, reminiscent of the player in Adventure.

Edited by dark-aleph

48 minutes ago, dark-aleph said:

I did think of Wombat for number 10 as well, but if you've ever disturbed a wombat burrow they are 60 pounds of incredibly aggressive pure muscle with claws at the end that can cut through the hardest dirt as if it were butter. As you run for your life, you probably don't think of the wombat as "small".

You can tell if a wombat burrow is nearby by the presence of cubic scat, reminiscent of the player in Adventure.

Ha!  Well, that may make it obvious that I haven't seen them in person.  They are cute in pictures, though.  ?