IGNORED

Name that Alternative Atari Game!

Karl G

1 hour ago, dark-aleph said:

Fun game! I hope there's a round 2 if we knock these ones off...

I'm unsure about either of these, but no. 7 could be BattleTone, or Track and Yield. I'd totally play a game with that premise ? ? 

I may do a round 2 if people continue to enjoy it.  I may do a slightly different variant for future rounds, though.  My inspiration is some of the games they do on the U.K. quiz show House of Games.

Anyway, neither of those was what I had in mind for #7.

Remaining clues:

1) As the postmaster general In a time of war, you direct your subordinates in the dangerous task of delivering personal letters to houses.

4) In retaliation for spy equipment sent to your world, you launch an attack fleet against the larger offending neighboring planet.

7) Aliens are taking over the planet, and their only weakness is music. It is rumored that the right song can completely neutralize them, but can you find it in time?

On 3/28/2020 at 11:48 AM, Karl G said:
  1. As the postmaster general In a time of war, you direct your subordinates in the dangerous task of delivering personal letters to houses.

I think this might be a bit of a stretch, but I'll go with TurMail (from Turmoil) for no. 1.

16 minutes ago, JayAre said:

I think this might be a bit of a stretch, but I'll go with TurMail (from Turmoil) for no. 1.

That probably works as well as the one I had in mind, but it wasn't what I came up with.

Maybe I should post the remaining answers Monday if they haven't been guessed by then?  I'll say around 10 AM EST.

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, cvga said:

That's really good. Certainly better than House Trap lol

I figured the word "mail" would be in there somewhere.

These last three seem to be the toughest ones.  Although that Liver Raid one that you got was a doozy; I never would have gotten that one in a million years.

2 hours ago, Karl G said:

Remaining clues:

7) Aliens are taking over the planet, and their only weakness is music. It is rumored that the right song can completely neutralize them, but can you find it in time?

King Kong => King Song (seems too weak)

2 hours ago, Karl G said:

Remaining clues:

I think I got it this time...  Beamrider => Beatrider

• Like 1

On 3/28/2020 at 11:48 AM, Karl G said:

1. As the postmaster general In a time of war, you direct your subordinates in the dangerous task of delivering personal letters to houses.

4. In retaliation for spy equipment sent to your world, you launch an attack fleet against the larger offending neighboring planet.

Karl, I'm pretty sure these are wrong, but I'm just scrapin' the bottom of the barrel at this point.

Let's try Spy Skipper for no. 4.  And how about Word War I for no. 1?

If you consider the Rovers to be spy equipment, and ourselves to be the larger planetary neighbour, no. 4 could be Mars' Revenge. And for once, the apostrophe would be in the right place!

I prefer spies wearing silly disguises, so I'm going with Wigs in Space instead.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dark-aleph said:

If you consider the Rovers to be spy equipment, and ourselves to be the larger planetary neighbour, no. 4 could be Mars' Revenge. And for once, the apostrophe would be in the right place!

That is correct!  :)