IGNORED

Wanted: Atari 800XL

LordVaderUK

The computer I always wanted but never got as a child - the Atari 800XL. Wondering if anyone has one to sell, in good condition and working order please. Even better if it’s with power supply, cables etc. I appreciate that right now people might not be willing to package it up and make what is obviously not an essential journey to the Post Office, but I’m willing to do a deal and then accept a shipment later on when restrictions are lifted.

Thanks in advance! 

On 3/29/2020 at 6:55 AM, LordVaderUK said:

The computer I always wanted but never got as a child - the Atari 800XL. Wondering if anyone has one to sell, in good condition and working order please. Even better if it’s with power supply, cables etc. I appreciate that right now people might not be willing to package it up and make what is obviously not an essential journey to the Post Office, but I’m willing to do a deal and then accept a shipment later on when restrictions are lifted.

Thanks in advance! 

Have you checked out the fs subforum yet? There's a cib one there for sale/trade.

2 hours ago, LordVaderUK said:

Thank you for the pointer, I have just yesterday managed to find a nice looking 800XL with charger and cables, plus a 1050 disc drive and four cartridges for £110. Excited!

Can you send me some good luck please?

5 hours ago, LordVaderUK said:

It’s quite a good deal, right? I guess it’s a bit of a buyer’s market in these dark times. Good luck though - found mine on eBay and made an offer.

I got a 65XE for £50 off eBay a month ago but it died after two weeks. The expert I sent it to said it's a lost cause, hence needing luck with finding another one at a reasonable price..