IGNORED

PC does not see SkunkBoard

grips03

I bought a SkunkBoard about a year back from:

https://www.sellmyretro.com/offer/details/skunkboard-flash-cardridge-for-jaguar-27561

This is the first time trying to use it.  It came in 3d printed small red cartridge case. 

When I connect the skunkboard to the Jaguar it comes up with red screen. 

When I connect the USB cable to the Dell Windows 10 PC or the Mac (running Fusion) neither see the SkunkBoard. 

I tried 3 different USB cables and it still did not work. 

When I add Drok USB power monitor inline it sees no power draw from the SkunkBoard. 

All the USB ports on the PC and Mac test fine with other devices.

Any ideas?

IMG_2441.jpg

IMG_2442.jpg

Here are some quick install notes I made and use every time I set up a new laptop for Skunk (which is often) if it helps with ZADIQ:

If using Windows 8, 8.1 or 10:
The easiest way is to open a command prompt as Admin. To launch one, right-click the Start button or press Windows+X and select “Command Prompt (Admin)”
Paste in:
bcdedit /set testsigning on
Reboot

If it doesn't work read the following:
https://www.howtogeek.com/167723/how-to-disable-driver-signature-verification-on-64-bit-windows-8.1-so-that-you-can-install-unsigned-drivers/

Otherwise:
https://learn.sparkfun.com/tutorials/disabling-driver-signature-on-windows-8/disabling-signed-driver-enforcement-on-windows-8
   1 Hold down the Windows key on your keyboard and press the letter C to open the Charm menu, then click the gear icon (Settings).
   2 Click Change PC Settings.
   3 Click General.
   4 Under Advanced Startup, click Restart Now. ...
   5 After restarting, click Troubleshoot.
   6 Click Advanced Options.
   7 Click Windows Startup Settings.
   8 Click Restart.
   9 After restarting your computer a second time, choose Disable driver signature enforcement from the list by typing the number 7 on your keyboard. Your computer will restart automatically.
   10 After restarting, you will be able to install the drivers normally; however, Windows will display a warning message. When the warning appears, click Install this driver software anyway.

Install Zadiq:
https://atariage.com/forums/topic/259064-test-if-a-skunkboard-is-present/?do=findComment&comment=3738066

- Go to the Zadiq Website and download Zadiq

- Run the program

- Select the drivers you need, in this case probably libsub-win32 as Tursi said, but as Stephen mentioned might be a different one of the four for different folks.

- Push install/reinstall button.

- Restart Computer (didn't work directly without restarting)

- Ready to go.

So, right click on Computer and choose Properties-Device Manager.
Right click on CYPRESS EZ-OTG
Click Next to install driver
Navigate to C:\SkunkBoard\Driver (folder) and click OK or whatever
Driver will install after warning prompt
Click Finish and flash a rom to test

Edit: added disabling driver signing for win 10

• Like 2

I cleaned the edge connector on the SkunkBoard and get green Jag screen.  PC now sees the SkunkBoard. 

I'm using Windows XP on my Fusion VM and jcp -s works to the board, but wanted to use Jiffi v1.42, but after I select the source file and click "Send to Jaguar via Skunkboard" it gives "Could not start process".  Any ideas on that error message?