IGNORED

AtariFest and World of Atari

rkindig

46 minutes ago, darwinmac said:

When I’m looking thru my bookcase and stumble across it, it always brings back great memories. To show what time period we’re talking about, the show map has a smoking lounge listed. :)

That's funny... definitely a sign of the times.

I appreciate whatever you can do.

Randy

I posted the June 1991 issue a couple of days ago and just posted the October, 1991 issue. It may take a little while to see the October issue. Next up is the September, 1991 issue.

After that I have just four more issue to scan. November and December, 1991 and March and April of 1992.

I have an ebay auction coming of Atari magazines that does have some Current Notes in it. There is a small chance it may contain one or more of some un-archived issues. If not that's it until I find some more or if someone else scans some issues.

https://archive.org/details/@allan52

• Like 1

Good news,

I got a few more Current Notes issues in the auction I just got. Most were duplicates but I did get

Volume 12, Number 1

Volume 12, Number 2

Volume 12, Number 3

Volume 12, Number 6

Volume 12, Number 7

Volume 12, Number 8

This I will chop up (since they are mine) and put them through the document feeder. It should go a lot quicker.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/14/2020 at 11:04 PM, darwinmac said:

Randy,

While I don’t know you personally, I definitely have heard of you. Let me see if I can scan it myself first. If that doesn’t work, I can send the program to you as long as I can get it back. 

When I’m looking thru my bookcase and stumble across it, it always brings back great memories. To show what time period we’re talking about, the show map has a smoking lounge listed. :)

Bob C

hi Bob, how is this coming?

4 hours ago, rkindig said:

hi Bob, how is this coming?

Let me see if I can get it done this weekend. Otherwise, I’ll send you a PM to ask for your address so I can send it to you (assuming any Post Office or similar place is open here). 

Bob C

On 6/5/2020 at 11:39 PM, darwinmac said:

Let me see if I can get it done this weekend. Otherwise, I’ll send you a PM to ask for your address so I can send it to you (assuming any Post Office or similar place is open here). 

Bob C

Randy @rkindig,

Here's the link to the scan of the WAACE 1992 program guide:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/xfr1k358ez4r94k/WAACE 1992 Program and Guide.pdf?dl=0

At 77 MB, I was sure it was too big for AA. It's not perfect (I only have a multi-function printer with scanner) but, if you haven't seen the 1992 guide yet, I think you'll like it.

Bob C

Edited by darwinmac
Add @rkindig
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, darwinmac said:

Randy @rkindig,

Here's the link to the scan of the WAACE 1992 program guide:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/xfr1k358ez4r94k/WAACE 1992 Program and Guide.pdf?dl=0

At 77 MB, I was sure it was too big for AA. It's not perfect (I only have a multi-function printer with scanner) but, if you haven't seen the 1992 guide yet, I think you'll like it.

Bob C

Great!  Thank you very much!  I've got it downloaded.

Randy

• 3 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Back to the Atarifests...  I went to 4 of these in the 80's and 90's -- one "regional" near the Detroit Metro Airport ('85), one "official" at a large Holiday Inn near FORD Dearborn headquarters (maybe '87), the ("official" 8-bit EOL Atarifest) Chicago ('92) Atarifest, and the Las Vegas "revival" Atarifest ('98).  I'll look through a few boxes -- I might still have some pamphlets and pictures from one or more of these (especially the Las Vegas show). (Dates are approximate.)

Are there any archive postings from any of the Atarifests?  (I got the above WAACE pdf -- thanks!) 

On 3/17/2021 at 7:42 AM, Larry said:

Back to the Atarifests...  I went to 4 of these in the 80's and 90's -- one "regional" near the Detroit Metro Airport ('85), one "official" at a large Holiday Inn near FORD Dearborn headquarters (maybe '87), the ("official" 8-bit EOL Atarifest) Chicago ('92) Atarifest, and the Las Vegas "revival" Atarifest ('98).  I'll look through a few boxes -- I might still have some pamphlets and pictures from one or more of these (especially the Las Vegas show). (Dates are approximate.)

Are there any archive postings from any of the Atarifests?  (I got the above WAACE pdf -- thanks!) 

Just what you see here.  I would love to see what you have, Larry!

• 2 weeks later...

@Allan

Are the Atari Current Notes accessible in one location? I'm probably searching incorrectly, but if I search for "Current Notes", I get hundreds of results -- mostly things other than Current Notes magazines.  Do you know of a way to get just the Current Notes mags?

10 minutes ago, Larry said:

@Allan

Are the Atari Current Notes accessible in one location? I'm probably searching incorrectly, but if I search for "Current Notes", I get hundreds of results -- mostly things other than Current Notes magazines.  Do you know of a way to get just the Current Notes mags?

If you mean on archive.org, they are not in a collection yet. Do a search for Current Notes Atari and it will weed out most of the other stuff. All the Current Notes on Archive.org were all posted from three accounts. Mine (Allan52), savetz and scottithgames.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...

Hey @_The Doctor__,

Where did you find that article on the local AtariFest in Allentown?  I recall that you sent me a copy a couple years ago.

I was digging through my 8-bit stuff today looking for an 800XL and a couple 1050's that I'm going to trade even up for an Apple II and dual drives with a guy from New York.  It sounds like a fair trade to me.

Sorry for the off-topic post.

Edited by Geister