No I agree the games fit 2D perfectly and not 3D. I liked Tales but couldn't get into it as much as I try and '4' I got stuck in some kind of thing I couldn't do, the 3d made it quite quite difficult to grab an object at the right time. Put me off.

I like 3 but I get bored at some point midway through. I've only completed 1 and 2 and I've completed them a good dozen or so times each. Thimbleweed Park showed what should be done with Point and Click games in the modern era. I just hope '6' returns to 2D.

Could always have 2D with layers of parallax and all kinds of interesting added touches. They should do it 2D, and go back and make the others in 2D.

Reminder of the incredible Box Art for the Best one, '2: Le Chuck's Revenge'.

Shame about the endings. Thimbleweed Park's ending is a dud as well.

23510-monkey-island-2-lechuck-s-revenge-dos-front-cover.jpg

vkl3n55a9dl31.jpg

6 hours ago, ∞ Vince ∞ said:

I love this art. I do. But to use it for 2 games is the height of laziness.

I've never seen that before or since. 

kane i ii.jpg

Mastertronic was always a "cheap" publisher,  but they did sometimes publish good games.

that's fair comment zzip. They were the pioneer of the cheap and cheerful re-releases and I can't be mad at them for it, I for one, could only afford budget games for most of the time I had my c64, and I had hundreds to choose from from 1.99. Then Code Masters came forth from 2 ex Mastertronic coders. It made it possible for me to enjoy all these games. 

I'd say Mastertronic put out a few classics as well but much like Code Masters and BT's numerous branches, it was pretty much a production line.

At lease you never had time to be bored. New games were always on the way. If I'd paid £8.99 for a game and it was iffy, I'd be gutted, but at pocket money prices you picked the odd bad one you wrote it off. If you kept an eye on the mags and were a bit savvy you tended only to get the occasional dud. Good times.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

I vote for Scavengers of the Mutant World. It has intrigued me for 34 years, but I just picked it up last week. She's using a stop sign for a shield in a post-apocalyptic world. How cool is that?

Scavengers of the Mutant World.jpg