17. jblenkle [+5]

18. S.BAZ [+3]

18. roadrunner [+3]

20. t0spmad [+2]

20. Mister-VCS [+2]

Edited by JacobZu7zu7
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 3

I’ve had Mission X for several years and I never liked it much. But I never really gave it a good chance. Glad to have this contest to make me play it! I played a bunch this morning and I do like it! Had several games in the high 20Ks but 30K was very tough for me to cross. Finally got there.

120C0678-30C5-44F9-B78B-42273FC9288C.jpeg

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Ace24 said:

I’ve had Mission X for several years and I never liked it much. But I never really gave it a good chance. Glad to have this contest to make me play it! I played a bunch this morning and I do like it! Had several games in the high 20Ks but 30K was very tough for me to cross. Finally got there.

120C0678-30C5-44F9-B78B-42273FC9288C.jpeg

Nicely done! Agreed these contests are great for giving us an excuse to play games we might not otherwise touch. 

Keep at it, 40k is close at hand and you'll get an extra life! ?

• Like 5

You guys ever watch the Angry Video Game Nerd’s video on the Intellivision?  He called this game “Mission Ass”.  Pretty funny.  But he obviously is purposely making fun of of a lot the games.  I always laugh when watching this.  He has no clue how to play some of them:

I just got Mission X in the mail and will give it a few plays by the weekend. Looking forward to it!

• Like 4

OK so if you want to hit the large ships 3 times, you can do it pretty consistently with the FIRST large ship that appears on the far right of level one. I just did it twice in a row.

Can anyone else confirm?

I'm playing on original hardware, but I can't imagine that should matter, fwiw 

Edited by Intelligentleman

39 minutes ago, Intelligentleman said:

OK so if you want to hit the large ships 3 times, you can do it pretty consistently with the FIRST large ship that appears on the far right of level one. I just did it twice in a row.

Can anyone else confirm?

I'm playing on original hardware, but I can't imagine that should matter, fwiw 

Are you at high altitude so you have extra time? I think the issue is you have to wait for the prior explosion to complete (unsure if one or both) before you can drop another bomb.

I could see it being possible to get the 3rd hit in if you were slow enough and still over target after the first or second bomb had finished. 

1 minute ago, BiffMan said:

Are you at high altitude so you have extra time? I think the issue is you have to wait for the prior explosion to complete (unsure if one or both) before you can drop another bomb.

I could see it being possible to get the 3rd hit in if you were slow enough and still over target after the first or second bomb had finished. 

Yes! Highest possible altitude. BUT I've only been able to consistently do it on that first large ship. There's another carrier later on where it works, too. Not sure when though. 

I feel like it has to do with what else is on the screen in the way of other targets?

35 minutes ago, Intelligentleman said:

Yes! Highest possible altitude. BUT I've only been able to consistently do it on that first large ship. There's another carrier later on where it works, too. Not sure when though. 

I feel like it has to do with what else is on the screen in the way of other targets?

Very possible it has to do also with how many missiles are in the air due to sprite limitation.  Wouldn't think placement on screen is relevant other than you might have fewer missiles in the air, possibly giving room for a 3rd bomb, but I've never had more than 2 active bombs at once. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, BiffMan said:

Very possible it has to do also with how many missiles are in the air due to sprite limitation.  Wouldn't think placement on screen is relevant other than you might have fewer missiles in the air, possibly giving room for a 3rd bomb, but I've never had more than 2 active bombs at once. 

I think that's it right there. It's the timing of the other missiles! I just tried a million times in a row to record myself doing it, and couldn't manage it with just one hand. As soon as I put my phone down, I pulled it off. ??

• Haha 1