Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Shawn

Saturn\PS1 VS Genesis or SNES\SEGA Pursuer (Justifier clone) Lightgun guts

Recommended Posts

Hey,

 

Does anyone here have pics of the guts of the SEGA Saturn\PS1 Pursuer lightgun (Justifier clone) and or pics

of the Genesis versions guts? They use the same mold and I'm curious if it's just a different

wiring scheme that use the same PCB for both models. If so it would be great for conversions

as the Saturn\PS1 version is much more common than the Genesis, and even the Genesis\SNES

models of the same gun. They are both 3rd party and I know the genesis and snes version used

one pcb with different wiring so I'm wondering if the same can be said for the other and adapt

them. 

 

Used Sega Saturn Gray Pursuer Gunimage.jpeg.44d0670533215e3ef3a042395dd81b5a.jpeg

SEGA-MEGADRIVE-GENESIS-SNES-TOP-FIGHTER-LIGHT-GUN-KONAMI-JUSTIFIER-CLONE.jpg

 

New Saturn & Sony Playstation PSX PS1 Light Gun Original Revolver in box

 

 

Thanks,

 

Shawn

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Bratwurst said:

Boojakascha may know the answer to this one.

 

There are also pics of the Genesis Justifier PCB in my how-to guide with the 3D printed trigger kit I make: https://imgur.com/a/zteokzR

 

I just poked him and asked about it. :) That guy is pretty damn smart with such things, I agree.

 

EDIT: The PCB's in the 3rd party guns have a way using off the shelf chips versus konami's custom

chip IIRC so unfortunately the pcb from inside a real one won't help in this case. I'm looking into methods

used in 3rd party junk right now :P

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ben told me the Saturn\PS1 and SEGA\SNES Pursuers actually use different guts. Looks like this won't be a thing after all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Could it be possible to make an converter to plug the PS1/Saturn gun into the SNES/Genesis by adapting to the controller pinouts? Would probably have to involve some voltage conversion since PS1 expects 7.5v while SNES/Genesis only outputs 5v.

 

Failing that why not some conversion adapter of the Sega gun to the SNES or vice versa?

 

EDIT: I just want to say that those gray colored Justifier clones look hella good.

Edited by Bratwurst

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Bratwurst said:

Could it be possible to make an converter to plug the PS1/Saturn gun into the SNES/Genesis by adapting to the controller pinouts? Would probably have to involve some voltage conversion since PS1 expects 7.5v while SNES/Genesis only outputs 5v.

 

Failing that why not some conversion adapter of the Sega gun to the SNES or vice versa?

 

EDIT: I just want to say that those gray colored Justifier clones look hella good.

 

Ya I had one before (the grey ones) and they had a multi-end on them for use with the Genesis and the SNES. Made by a company called Top Fighter. I tried to find another one but the only info I found was from the auction I bought mine from CIB in 2013 from ebay Australia and most other references to that exact model got eaten by the Langoliers it seems. I forget who I sold it to. Might have been on this forum or possibly on NintendoAge. There are single end SNES and GENESIS versions of this gun as well. Same goes with the multi-end for the PS1\Saturn version in that it has single end versions too. It's more than an adapter that is needed it seems so far with the difference between the Saturn\PS1 and the SNES\Genesis models of the Pursuer. I won't know for sure until I have at least pictures of the pcbs from both, if not actual lightguns in hand. Ben seems to think they are different to the point of incompatibility but he has not read them out with this in mind before. I'm gonna see if he will as he told me he does have a Saturn Pursuer.  

 

There is also a black one called the Punisher but I've only seen pictures of it and only for the Genesis. 

 

279473381_genesispunisher.thumb.jpg.18c202dcb9b4fcaf44bbc5d14330fbab.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Shawn said:

 

Ya I had one before (the grey ones) and they had a multi-end on them for use with the Genesis and the SNES.

We had something like that, but it was orange. It had a Genesis plug on the end, and came with a little converter to use it with SNES. It came bundled with Battle Clash.

 

No idea where it went. Kind of wish it was still around, but I doubt it works with Lethal Enforcers. At least I can play most of those games on the Wii.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, Asaki said:

We had something like that, but it was orange. It had a Genesis plug on the end, and came with a little converter to use it with SNES. It came bundled with Battle Clash.

 

No idea where it went. Kind of wish it was still around, but I doubt it works with Lethal Enforcers. At least I can play most of those games on the Wii.

 

Ya for the Super Nintendo right? That is a desirable one as it is actually a superscope alternative. Until the more recent Sega Saturn Stunner mod,  that gun you had was about the only alternative to the big clunker of a superscope.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Id still like to see the insides of both the Genesis and the Saturn versions of this Pursuer gun, even just to satisfy my curiousity.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Bratwurst said:

 

I made one of those last year, :P

 

https://imgur.com/a/lvmykMD

 

 

 

And you are happy with how it works? I've yet to make one but do plan on doing so. It's acurate,etc?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, Shawn said:

 

And you are happy with how it works? I've yet to make one but do plan on doing so. It's acurate,etc?

I'm biased in that I put it together, but I definitely love the thing. It's really accurate though it doesn't hurt that most if not all of the SNES Super Scope games have a calibration screen. It's essentially as responsive and functional as the Saturn Stunner can be, since that's what it is at its heart.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Bratwurst said:

I'm biased in that I put it together, but I definitely love the thing. It's really accurate though it doesn't hurt that most if not all of the SNES Super Scope games have a calibration screen. It's essentially as responsive and functional as the Saturn Stunner can be, since that's what it is at its heart.

 

That is what I was hoping to hear. I know your mod would be well done, I was speaking to base hardware which you have now confirmed transfers over well. Thanks for the info. It's ok to consider the opinions of strangers but it's always better to hear it from someone you actually know. If that makes any sense.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anyone who can program their own Genesis carts or has an everdrive like cart care to try this attached Genesis lightgun test program out with a menacer and\or justifier to let me know if it works or not please? Would be kinda crap if I'm testing a gun with a program that doesn't work. 

 

 

gunlab.bin

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, Shawn said:

 

Ya for the Super Nintendo right? That is a desirable one as it is actually a superscope alternative. Until the more recent Sega Saturn Stunner mod,  that gun you had was about the only alternative to the big clunker of a superscope.

Yeah, unfortunately nobody has any idea where it went =(

 

Where is this Sega Stunner mod?

 

On one hand, I'm not that bummed, because so few games actually use light guns. I seem to recall the gun having issues with Tin Star, and I always used the mouse instead. It's a bit different with Wiimotes (aiming is a little too easy), but it beats the pants off of using a d-pad or joystick.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Asaki said:

Yeah, unfortunately nobody has any idea where it went =(

 

Where is this Sega Stunner mod?

 

On one hand, I'm not that bummed, because so few games actually use light guns. I seem to recall the gun having issues with Tin Star, and I always used the mouse instead. It's a bit different with Wiimotes (aiming is a little too easy), but it beats the pants off of using a d-pad or joystick.

http://www.boojakascha.ch/index.php?page=stunner2snes

 

And he has 2 videos to go along with that instruction set. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh man, now I'm REALLY bummed that our Turbo Gun disappeared =( That thing sounds pretty versatile.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I tried that Gun Lab rom and couldn't get it to work. Justifier just didn't seem to respond at all (and I know it works fine with Lethal Enforcers) and the Menacer, which is a converted Plug and Play, just wanted to rapidly fire without moving the reticle very well. Granted, I'm having some issues with the Menacer in other games right now so I will try to iron that out and test again later.

 

It does recognize which gun is plugged in, at least.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Bratwurst said:

I tried that Gun Lab rom and couldn't get it to work. Justifier just didn't seem to respond at all (and I know it works fine with Lethal Enforcers) and the Menacer, which is a converted Plug and Play, just wanted to rapidly fire without moving the reticle very well. Granted, I'm having some issues with the Menacer in other games right now so I will try to iron that out and test again later.

 

It does recognize which gun is plugged in, at least.

 

OK so it knows which gun is which but doesn't function as it should. At least it can detect a gun. Thanks for testing that out :) I'd like to get one of those plug & plays to convert but I'm not paying $65 plus shipping for either of 2 sitting in ebay stores.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, 0078265317 said:

My super scope 6 cart works with tomee nes zapper.  But it only converts gun not a controller.  That is a separate adapter which I also have.

Does that work on an actual SNES, though?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Asaki said:

Does that work on an actual SNES, though?

2 questions on amazon say yes.  And last time I used it it worked also.  But today my tomee zapper stopped working for some reason so I cannot test.

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Ok its not broken after all.  The tomee zapper started working on my top loader.  But not my fc twin or JR real snes.  Not sure why.  When I got it it worked fine.  Does no looked damaged.

Edited by 0078265317
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It started working again today not sure why.  Tried my nintendo toaster and the tomee zapper was working on duckhunt mario combo cart.  But the lcd / led modified cart was just blinking.  Tried my yobo fc twin and it worked.  The modified cart and and the tomee zapper both work.  Not sure why it was not working yesterday.

 

Then tried my JR.  The nes retroport and tri star 8 load nes games but no gun registers.  Not sure why.  So since there is no default way to play nes carts without an adapter you need a yobo.  But yobos are super cheap on ebay.  Mine was only 7 plus shipping.  About 20 total.  Its the same snes connector and real controllers work on yobo so the adapter should work also.  Not sure why not.  I mean the nes controller adapter also by yobo starts the game.  So not sure why the zapper issue.

 

As for super scope not sure.  It seems the missiles auto get hit some how.

 

 

 

 

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...