IGNORED

ABBUC Magazine 140 ready for members

skr

Hi all,

I´ve sent the ABBUC magazine 140 to the members, and the first copies already appeared, but only in Germany. International delivery might take longer, so please stay tuned. But to not make you wait too long, you can download the atr-images of the disk and the german PDF of the printed issue at the members section of the ABBUC website.

I´m preparing an english PDF too, but for the time being you could at least use copy&paste to have the german pdf translated with an online service.

If you are a member and can´t access the member section with the downloads, please send a message with your name to me. Access has to be be given manually one time, but for future log ins no further action is needed.

Stay healthy!

• Like 12
  • Thanks 3

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Great, so Europe (including UK) shoud be covered by now. Anybody in the US/Canada already got it?

And my apologies to our Chilean friends: German postal service still does not deliver there. :( -> https://www.deutschepost.de/de/c/coronavirus.html

I hope you guys are doing well and are not affected by the virus. We hear dramatic stories about infections in South America. :(

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, selgus said:

I haven't seen anything arrive yet, but I'll keep my eyes open for a package in the US.

Ok, even in small Germany the magazines arrived distributed over three days. Let´s watch how delays are in the US.

On 4/1/2020 at 11:44 AM, skr said:

Hi all,

I´ve sent the ABBUC magazine 140 to the members, and the first copies already appeared, but only in Germany. International delivery might take longer, so please stay tuned. But to not make you wait too long, you can download the atr-images of the disk and the german PDF of the printed issue at the members section of the ABBUC website.

I´m preparing an english PDF too, but for the time being you could at least use copy&paste to have the german pdf translated with an online service.

If you are a member and can´t access the member section with the downloads, please send a message with your name to me. Access has to be be given manually one time, but for future log ins no further action is needed.

Stay healthy!

Hi  - is there now an English version of the mag available as you indicated above - or was that an Apri1 1st jape ?

No joke, but not ready yet. To not make it a one-man-show I got support and will create the workflow at the weekend and then see, which magazine is ready first (probably 139, as I got most translations for that already). If the workflow is successfull, for the next issue we will be much faster.

• Like 3

51 minutes ago, skr said:

No joke, but not ready yet. To not make it a one-man-show I got support and will create the workflow at the weekend and then see, which magazine is ready first (probably 139, as I got most translations for that already). If the workflow is successfull, for the next issue we will be much faster.

Thanks guys - crazy appreciated.  I cannot read German, but have been an ABBUC member for several years now, and continue to remain, even without the translated magazines.

• Like 2

My opinion:

Translations in two directions (german articles -> english ; english articles -> german) aren't feasible in the long run. You've already seen that in proc magazine.

I would prefer a bilingual magazine. German authors who are able to write in English are kindly asked to submit their articles in two languages.

Other could transmit their articles in their only language.

Then we had 1. german only, 2. english only, and 3. bilingual articles in the magazine.

However, this concept is not capable of a majority in either the executive board or the general assembly. So far...

• Like 1

8 hours ago, mimo said:

141 arrived last week, so thanks for that. Also a big big thank you to @skr for navigating me through the member log on procedure.
It is well worth joining the ABBUC if you haven't already 

I really want to join and have tried applying a couple of times.  I have not received any email confirmation yet (checking my SPAM folder, etc.).

@skr - Perhaps there's a new process for applying/registering?

Just now, mr_gw454 said:

I really want to join and have tried applying a couple of times.  I have not received any email confirmation yet (checking my SPAM folder, etc.).

I have to process everything manually and right now I have a lot of work and there are really many requests. I´m just processing everything that get in the last days. Maybe you are one of those living in a town called "House"? ;)

@skr - Perhaps there's a new process for applying/registering?

There will be a new process, as this manual process is not very fast.

• Like 1

Just now, skr said:

I have to process everything manually and right now I have a lot of work and there are really many requests. I´m just processing everything that get in the last days. Maybe you are one of those living in a town called "House"? ;)

There will be a new process, as this manual process is not very fast.

"House?"  Yes, that would be me.  :)

1 hour ago, pseudografx said:

I got mine with personal delivery by the ABBUC Chairman himself ;)

Don´t tell anybody. Imagine everybody wants personal delivery right now. I mean, if we had members in Hawaii or the Seychelles... ;)

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, ivop said:

Yep, noticed it, too. Very nice! And it felt like it had more pages, too.

The number of pages is not fixed and depends on how much stuff you (the members) send us. I don´t get tired of mentioning this: This is YOUR magazine, YOUR platform. You can send in anything Atari related you want to share with others. If it is not German, I will translate it for the German magazine.

Magazine 139 has 32 pages, 140 has 52 pages and 141 has 44 pages. As you might recognize, the number of pages just has to be divisible by four.

But the number of pages is just quantitiy, not automatically quality. The quality comes from the articles, and I think, it is quite high, too.

And now I have to go back on making the english PDF happen. ;)

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Just got issue 141 in the mail (N.Eeastern USA) this afternoon.  Great timing too - as I received my two floppy holders from @bobwoolley so I can get all my ABBUC disks safely stored.

Incidentally, I finally tried Google Translate and it's f***ing brilliant.  Realtime translation of the articles into English!  I know I;m a few years behind the times :)

• Like 2

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Dear Dropcheck,

I beg your pardon. Got no return so far, so I´ve repacked it right now and will send it with tracking this time, so that we can make sure, it will arrive or at least we know where it wanders to. As soon as I get the tracking number, I´ll send it to you by mail.

• Like 1