IGNORED

Pal (UK) Modulator long shot.

Stwert

Hi,

I’m forever reading this forums for help, and I generally find the answer I need, so I don’t post much, I really should do more.

Anyway, as the title says, this is a long shot, I know, but if it’s worth asking anywhere, it’s here.

So, does anyone have a spare UK modulator they’d consider selling to someone in need?

Cheers,

Stu. 

• Like 1

Well the PHA2036 is certainly PAL, so one would assume it would work. It’s channel 36 if I recall correctly, which is obviously available on UK TV’s.

What sort of price would be looking for, including postage of course?

Cheers,

Stu. 

• Like 1

On 4/1/2020 at 9:38 PM, Stwert said:

Well the PHA2036 is certainly PAL, so one would assume it would work. It’s channel 36 if I recall correctly, which is obviously available on UK TV’s.

What sort of price would be looking for, including postage of course?

Cheers,

Stu. 

Just the shipping from Germany is OK. If so, pls send me a PM

And if it ends up making a parcel, pls think of other things that you maybe need.

• Like 1

I find these provide a great picture as opposed to snowy/wavy RF modulators. 

https://coolnovelties.co.uk/coolnovelties/texas-instruments-ti-994a/95-texas-instruments-ti-99-4a-component-video-cable-euro-models.html

Found an affordable UK vendor! Many folks are unaware of the TI’s native (non-modded) ability to output composite video via a simple cable.

1 hour ago, Airshack said:

I find these provide a great picture as opposed to snowy/wavy RF modulators. 

https://coolnovelties.co.uk/coolnovelties/texas-instruments-ti-994a/95-texas-instruments-ti-99-4a-component-video-cable-euro-models.html

Found an affordable UK vendor! Many folks are unaware of the TI’s native (non-modded) ability to output composite video via a simple cable.

I appreciate that, I actually have a set on order from them already, hopefully they'll arrive soon, but they way things are they may well be understandably delayed.

I'm sure I'll be branded as a heretic in these days of people fitting HDMI to retro consoles and so on, but I like the old snowy/wavy RF image.

Not always, I'm nearly as much in favour of a nice clean signal as the next man - I can't bring myself to butcher my machines for HDMI for example, plus it wouldn't work on the CRT I use :D but every now and then, I do like to remind myself what it was like back when I had only the RF for my computers and consoles. Nostalgia I dare say.

I still like to fire up my Philips Videopac G7200 and see games on that tiny B&W screen, takes me back to the very first TV I had for my bedroom as a boy. Yes I'm a sentimentalist ?

-------------

Very much appreciated @Schmitzi that's very kind of you indeed. I'll be in touch.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Stwert said:

I like the old snowy/wavy RF image.

Not always, I'm nearly as much in favour of a nice clean signal as the next man

Which is great because the TI needs no butchering with its composite cable. The system came with native composite capability so you’re still nostalgically correct in using it. 

Just, friends don’t let friends use RF with a TI-99/4A. 

• Like 2