IGNORED

ABBUC software competition 2020

holgibo

5 hours ago, holgibo said:

Hello everybody,

here are the final standings of this year's contest:

sized-final_asc_2020.jpg.db685d4f20552d43ece1e94ec03fbede.jpg

All participants will get their prize money via bank transfer.

Thanks to everybody, who was part of this great contest. The Atari community has a lot of new

good programs and best of all:  We have 2020 and Atari 8bit is still well alive ?

Best regards, Holger

Could you please share the number of votes for each entry?

Regards,

- Y -

has any place got the complete set (that's if the missing ones on here have been released elsewhere.)

Found Persistent on Kaz's site (atarionline.pl) but its not really for me to put it up, should be by the writer.

Edited by Mclaneinc

@Mclaneinc

Yesterday as games were published I inserted links to download posts here on my Facebook group

https://www.facebook.com/groups/atariworld/permalink/4071319949549438/

and on Atari 8-bit computers FB group.

Few moments ago I compiled a list here (links are to threads, not to download posts as in Facebook above)

I don't add a zip file because I think authors love to see the games loaded from their downloaded sources.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hi!

5 hours ago, Yautja said:

What about "Detonationix" and the rest of games?

- Y -

Persistent: from https://atarionline.pl/forum/comments.php?DiscussionID=5691&page=1#Item_6

Detonationix: from https://sourceforge.net/p/detonationix/code/HEAD/tree/ , download snapshot and assemble with mads Detonationix.asm

Have Fun!

3 hours ago, dmsc said:

Hi!

Persistent: from https://atarionline.pl/forum/comments.php?DiscussionID=5691&page=1#Item_6

Detonationix: from https://sourceforge.net/p/detonationix/code/HEAD/tree/ , download snapshot and assemble with mads Detonationix.asm

Have Fun!

Mmmm... no ATR nor XEX file for Detonationix? Just for a friend of mine who doesn't know how to assemble with mads... :S

51 minutes ago, Mclaneinc said:

For those who have the ABBUC disks, what are those games like?

Its been a great batch so far..Well done all but Last Squadron just blows me away..

I was very impressed with the games. As you said, @shanti77 made another classic with Last Squadron. Dr. Sparkz is PAL-only so I had to use an emulator since my real hardware is NTSC. I thought it was well done though. DiscOPop has a unique premise and it has that “just one more try” feel to it. 

I know it does not fit everyone’s budget, but the contest makes me happy to be an ABBUC member to support talented developers through this contest. 

Bob C

• Like 3

atari001.png.49f6d94888c6bf00cf0a37473f916ecc.pngMAG142B.gif.4e15a2e18410ec99c1dedfaf19490269.gif

Simple little game that is good fun for a few minutes, not a lot of replay value there. Nice music.

MAG142A.png.c8561823c122b9b29fceb455c7291f8e.pngMAG142B.png.a207e553ff9ac73be379e5abc51f6456.png

Nothing to do but watch, cool demo nice catchy sounds.

Untitled.png.cbb2825ce35d6ba18aa28c260bf9f3c5.pngatari005.png.5b0115eaddd659e3acef51b08fca1c85.png

Good game, like a cross between tetris and pipemania. I struggled with the controls being very twitchy making the blocks rotate to the right orientation could be really hard because it seems like autofire is enabled. Could be the emulator or my controller but it made what would have been a high scoring game come out much lower for me.

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, Mr Robot said:

I struggled with the controls being very twitchy making the blocks rotate to the right orientation could be really hard because it seems like autofire is enabled. Could be the emulator or my controller

Unfortunately it behaves the same on hardware. 

I agree that it would be a nice game with less "sensitive" controls. 

39 minutes ago, Mr Robot said:

Just changing the rotate to happen on button release rather than button press would make all the difference

Yes, but it was discussed before that a more responsive way to implement a similar behavior is to allow rotate on "button press", but not to accept another "button press" until a "button release" has been registered.

• Like 1