zaphro72 19,260

Published by
Taito Corporation
Developed by
Taito Corporation
Released
Dec 27, 1989
Also For
Amiga, Arcade, Atari ST, Commodore 64, DOS, FM Towns, Genesis, J2ME, Wii | Combined View
Genre
Action, Puzzle
Perspective
Top-down
Visual
Fixed / flip-screen
Gameplay
Arcade
Setting
Sci-fi / futuristic

Trivia
Manual
The Volfied manual has instructions for loading the game both on ZX Spectrum and Amstrad CPC, but these versions were never released, even though the game itself was simple enough to stand a conversion to most 8-bit formats.
Sound
This game uses two sound devices. The intro music and the music between the levels are produced by your sound card, while the in-game sound effects are made by the PC Speaker. This technique is shared by another Taito conversion, Qix.

Information also contributed by Игги Друге

Any corrections please post

Edited by roadrunner

1 hour ago, fakecortex said:

I just realized that you can shoot after trapping a certain power-up! I'm sure I'm missing more. Any hot tips? Fun but hard! Awesome score jblenkle!

66,130 Level 6

1690642549_Volfied2020-04-1820_44_19.thumb.png.bcf7391706593d31e172c6f36def288c.png

Only tip I can think of is keep practicing! The enemy's movements are pretty much the same every time (unless you block them differently)...so when you start a level you can anticipate where they are going. I probably should find a manual for this and read it so I know what's going on.

Edited by jblenkle
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, jblenkle said:

Only tip I can think of is keep practicing! The enemy's movements are pretty much the same every time (unless you block them differently)...so when you start a level you can anticipate where they are going. I probably should find a manual for this and read it so I know what's going on.

The only manual I found was in Japanese; I think maybe it was only released there. Well, for TG-16 at least.

15 hours ago, fakecortex said:

I just realized that you can shoot after trapping a certain power-up! I'm sure I'm missing more. Any hot tips? Fun but hard! Awesome score jblenkle!

66,130 Level 6

1690642549_Volfied2020-04-1820_44_19.thumb.png.bcf7391706593d31e172c6f36def288c.png

What you can shoot after trapping some of the power ups! I wondered what trapping them did