IGNORED

Number 1 Atari item you have too many of...

kheller2

Awesome!! XD  XD  Is there a way to connect 24 1050's to a single machine to make the ultimate BBS?  You could get 1M views on a video like that.

Only thing I can think of is that I have one or two too many 400's. Four here now.  One is PAL.

Edited by Sugarland

Too many Atari xyz?  Is there such a thing?

Probably.  I'd have to say game controllers most likely.  More joysticks than I'd be likely to use (at least 5), 2 or 3 sets of paddles though I think one is a C= set, Star Raiders 2600 keypads, a light gun (I think that's about the lot).

But on the flipside there's lacking items too.  Despite having about 11 A8 computers at my peak, I've only got 1 proper Atari RF cable, probably 2 others, and only 1 or 2 XL 5V power supplies.

• Like 1

Lack of power supplies is an issue for me too. I have no original xl/Xe PSUs only one aftermarket one between 7 computers.

Only 1 NTSC supply for my 400 and 800 which is pretty useless in the UK.

Nothing to power my 410, 1010 or 1050

Same as most, joysticks...They seem to have snuck up on me over various deals and swaps :)

As for Kheller2, what days are you out most :)

Seriously, mega collections there, good luck to you there, I've got 3 (one dead), enough for me :)

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, kheller2 said:

If such a thing is even possible... to own too many Atari things...

4ADF7532-2CC3-4B13-8E75-D8367599BD2B.jpeg.7521d929860b2c6e4c169d79fdccc785.jpeg

This is not all of them. This is just one shelf.  I might have a dozen more 1050s.

#1?

Sweet memories... way too sweet to ever let go...

And now we know how (truly) special these "toys" were, and how far they could have gone... how much juice was left on the table...

On a class of their own!  ;-)

there was some talk in R&D circles to double the ram clock and time the cpu and (antic/gtia) off of every other clock,  they stay within spec but you seemingly have cpu running full tilt and the antic/gtia running full tilt without running into each other, another scenario was to give antic/gtia their own ram being able to use normal ram and video ram. But that's the juice found only in spit balls.

14 hours ago, kheller2 said:

This is not all of them. This is just one shelf.  I might have a dozen more 1050s.

I think you could create a very nice RAIF system (redundant array of inexpensive floppies)

• Haha 1

For me I guess it would be a large box of CX-40's and CX-30's I use for salvage. Other than that, I only have 5 Atari computers in all, 2 of which are earmarked as gifts and the rest of my equipment is all in use or I have one of, except for extra 4 810 side boards and 2 extra 1050 mechanisms, after recently giving away several 810 side boards. I do have six working disk drives, but that's only two per computer for the 3 I'm keeping.

Edited by Gunstar

Must be the 15-16 Falcon 030s I've got piled up in my basement....

April Fools !!!! (belated)....  I don't have a single Falcon ?  only a 520ST and a 1040STe for my ST 'collection'.

Wish I had a Falcon ?

For me, I have too many Sun systems (everything from 150U to Sunblade 2000), Macs (Plus through G5), and PC parts (8088 throough Core i7) ?

Don't think I have too many 8 bitters :-), though I do have more than I need ?

• Like 1

Hello Karl

21 hours ago, kheller2 said:

You could leave one stock, upgrade one with a US Doubler, one with a Happy, one with a Speedy, one with a Duplicator, etc.

Sincerely

Mathy

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Mathy said:

Hello Karl

You could leave one stock, upgrade one with a US Doubler, one with a Happy, one with a Speedy, one with a Duplicator, etc.

Sincerely

Mathy

Sadly (or sickly) I don't have every 1050 mod there is.  I have several.. but not all.  And have found no time to even begin installing them all.  My main rig from the 80s was a Duplicator and Doubler.  I now have a happy, or two, mega speedy, etc..

I originally wanted to have one of every floppy drive type (Indus, Rana, etc..), but then that would kill me.  I only have one 810, and no idea if it works yet.  My herd has been thinned a few times already, once by fire in the mid 90s, then by choice in the mid 00s (oughts?) -- so sad that one, selling prototypes what a stupid person I was then.   I've been "collecting" off and on since the early 90s, been an addicted user since 83.

For me, it's probably the computers themselves. Had quite a bit of overtime last year, and started snapping up good deals on eBay.

I've presently got six (or seven?) 800s, four 400s, four 600XLs... at least one of every model, except of course the 1400XL and 1450XLD.

Now I understand why it is impossible to find an 800 or 2600 heavy sixer: you keep getting all of them... I understand that you all guys have good intentions, I also have too many 800XLs because it is just sad to them go and maybe die....  Just a random though.... 

• Like 1