IGNORED

Request for Macintosh Subforum

bluejay

I don't know whther you guys might like this or not but as you guys have previously mentioned, subforums are crested when there are no other good place to get support for a certain system, and I think the early Macs have fallen into the category with the decline of lowendmac. I think I could use a less cruder way of communicating with other Mac enthusiasts than mailing lists, and hopefully a few other of you guys might agree.

I like the old Macs but don't think there's enough discussion or experience on here to justify a dedicated section for them. I could count the annual number of topics on one hand. 

Lowendmac is still the best source for help and advice with old Mac hardware, and Macintoshgarden has the software side nicely covered. 

I understand and appreciate the impulse to find another home for the classic Mac scene, but I don't think this is the place you're looking for. 

• Haha 2

10 hours ago, Keatah said:

If a mac subforum happens then I would expect a PC subforum to also happen.

Which is something I suggested a while ago. It didn't happen though.

7 hours ago, Flojomojo said:

I understand and appreciate the impulse to find another home for the classic Mac scene, but I don't think this is the place you're looking for. 

Sure, I just thought it'd be cool to have a place to chat about Macs that's less crude than mailing lists.

• 1 month later...