IGNORED

Skunkboard drivers stop working with windows10 32bit

walter_J64bit

I got myself an old Laptop where I'm putting old Windows XP on it to get my to get my Skunks working again... At least I'll know the darn thing will work versus trying to get it working in Windows 10... Been having the darndest time trying to get them to work.

12 hours ago, walter_J64bit said:

Ok what in word I just used my Skunkboard last month, anyone having the same problem? My Skunkboard works with the roms I've had insalled so I'm at a lost.

In the 2nd/bottom pic it looks like the driver for Cypress EZ-OTG is missing. When you installed last time did you boot with test signing on? That's the only way I've gotten either version (32 or 64 bit) Windows 10 to allow installation of the drivers but it only works right then and if you reboot again 10 will remove the drivers as they're not signed. So, next time you fire up the Skunk it's like starting over from scratch and unable to communicate with Skunk.

I leave my Windows 8.1 & 10 computers in test mode 24/7 so that I don't deal with it. May not be the safest practice but certainly helps when using the Skunk often.

Info for the process I use can be found here if interested :)

• Like 1

With test signing enabled 24/7 you get this little watermark at the bottom right of the desktop above the clock:

te.jpg.5323d8684acd1e495d2d85936dfabbe2.jpg

Pretty awesome too bc you don't have to worry about installing unsigned drivers anymore- or at least not having to go through the absolute nightmare that Windows has made it become to install them. And they won't be removed without your knowledge or consent as has become the standard.

I've tried flashing the ROM Dragonkeep to my Skunk, I had to install the libus driver to Windows 10 (64bit) from Zadig as above. I only get retrying retrying etc before the Jiffi v1.4 command prompt screen disappears leading to a green screen on the Jag. Any advice please? 

Sounds like your driver isn't installed correctly, or the usb port doesn't work, or the cable is broken, or the usb port on your skunk is detatched, or your skunkboard is broken, or your jaguar isn't powered on.

BTW, JCP is up to 2.04.02 ;)

Seriously though, sounds like Zadig isn't installed correctly, especially if it all works under XP

1 hour ago, CyranoJ said:

Sounds like your driver isn't installed correctly, or the usb port doesn't work, or the cable is broken, or the usb port on your skunk is detatched, or your skunkboard is broken, or your jaguar isn't powered on.

BTW, JCP is up to 2.04.02 ;)

Seriously though, sounds like Zadig isn't installed correctly, especially if it all works under XP

Possibly, no, no, no, no and no. 

Hmm, I was with you all the way up to 'Sounds'. I can't understand Australian and I'm on 10 not XP ?, so I'm just going to reinstall Zadig - onya-mate, bonza, champ, G'day, howyagoin? beer? ?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, Guitari said:

Possibly, no, no, no, no and no. 

Hmm, I was with you all the way up to 'Sounds'. I can't understand Australian and I'm on 10 not XP ?, so I'm just going to reinstall Zadig - onya-mate, bonza, champ, G'day, howyagoin? beer? ?

Well, excuse me for not going into excruciating detail about the exact nature of your problem with the skunkboard and how to fix it when all the information you supplied was the generic "Duh, it no work waaaaaaah!!" ?

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Guitari said:

No luck with that.

Have tried on SkunkGUI and I get this

bozjcp v02.03.01 built on Nov 4 2009 Using bank 2 Cart ROM: Skip 8192 bytes, base addr is $802000, length is 1040384 bytes .. retrying .. .. retrying .. * Can't open EZ-HOST.

Any ideas? 

Still points to the Cypress EZ device not being installed correctly 

16 minutes ago, orpheuswaking said:

Still points to the Cypress EZ device not being installed correctly 

Thank you, yes it's working now, I didn't have Cypress selected. However I accidentally had Brio logitech webcam selected and now my webcam won't work which I need for work and I couldn't get the driver rolled back so now having to do a system restore. 

1 hour ago, Guitari said:

No joy on the system restore (it failed) any idea how to reverse what I've done to my logitech brio ultra HD webcam with Zadig? Tried reinstall, rolling back and updating driver all to no affect. 

All sorted - I was able to manually select the original driver under Device Manager and the settings for Port com 3. You can all relax now.

• Like 2

• 3 years later...

Hey guys sorry for rehashing an old thread, but I now have a couple issues and looking for some assistance. 

I have had a Skunkboard for a long while now and it worked perfectly fine on my Windows 7 Laptop, even worked after updating it to Windows 10. I was actually using a program called SkunkGUI for flashing my Skunkboard.

I recently got a new laptop that is on Windows 10 and am trying to get the skunkboard to work with it. I copied the program files from my old laptop including the SkunkGUI program as well but nothing will flash at all. I noticed in the thread above there is something called Cypress EZ OTG and Zagid. So in my Device Manager under libusb-win32 devices the only drop down is Skunkboard and when attempting to check and update drivers the pop ups say that I have the most recent/updated drivers installed.

What might I be missing on this one?

I have no idea what you did, but the easiest way to get the Skunk working on Windows these days is to just use the signed installer packages I release:

https://github.com/cubanismo/skunk_jcp/releases/latest

You can thank those who purchased the collector's edition Skunkboards for funding the extortionately priced kernel driver signing keys, but they'll work on all Skunkboard revisions.

If you already have some Zadig drivers installed, you may want to uninstall the device in device manager, unplug the Skunkboard, run the above installer, then plug the Skunkboard back in and power on the jag to complete the install process cleanly.

I've not messed with SkunkGUI, but my understanding is it's just a wrapper around the command line JCP tool. Older versions of JCP should work fine with the drivers included in these packages, so I assume the GUI will work fine regardless of whether it uses the newer JCP tool or some older builtin/bundled one. If not, let me know.

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, UHATEIT said:

Hey guys sorry for rehashing an old thread, but I now have a couple issues and looking for some assistance. 

I have had a Skunkboard for a long while now and it worked perfectly fine on my Windows 7 Laptop, even worked after updating it to Windows 10. I was actually using a program called SkunkGUI for flashing my Skunkboard.

I recently got a new laptop that is on Windows 10 and am trying to get the skunkboard to work with it. I copied the program files from my old laptop including the SkunkGUI program as well but nothing will flash at all. I noticed in the thread above there is something called Cypress EZ OTG and Zagid. So in my Device Manager under libusb-win32 devices the only drop down is Skunkboard and when attempting to check and update drivers the pop ups say that I have the most recent/updated drivers installed.

What might I be missing on this one?

Maybe this helps?

https://forums.atariage.com/topic/259064-test-if-a-skunkboard-is-present/?do=findComment&comment=3738066

Got it to work! So this laptop I got from a friend who does cyber security and he gets laptops sent to him all the time. When he is done with them he pops them in the closet. He hooked me up with one for free but he had stripped it to the bare bones and deleted everything possible. Even the drivers for the speaker to work were gone. So I was missing some sort of driver that functioned with my usb hub actually that wasn't recognizing the skunk was plugged into it. All is well now.

Thank you for the posts and also that other thread with walk through. Otherwise I would have kept around my old 2010 HP laptop just for flashing things on the skunk (well and also burning cds since the new laptop doesn't come with a burner)