IGNORED

Intellivision HSC Season 12 - Game 7 - Auto Racing

I know with my 7:41 time it was far from optimal.  There's tons of time that can be saved.  A whole minute does seem like a lot.

--------------------

13 hours ago, fakecortex said:

Don't know if the controls are best suited for the PS3 analog stick, but I'm sure there's a healthy dose of me just not being good thrown in there. Tried out all the cars and my best so far is with green, which I think looks like Frogger.

Track 1 Green Car 4:26

732290153_AutoRacing2020-04-0917_34_56.thumb.png.c57489fb58865fdcb65249914487927b.png

Track 3...hahahaha, yeah, not gettin' through that just yet.

I can't imagine an analog stick being any good for this game. If you can, try the dpad.  An 8-way dpad works surprisingly well.  It uses six positions for variable steering.

Edited by mr_me
  • Thanks 1

While we're playing this game, does anyone else remember it being featured in Knight Rider as KITT's GPS/tracker? 

I remember seeing it and thinking it was so cool that one of the games I owned was being used in one of my favourite TV series! 

Here's some footage of Michael Knight playing Auto Racing (I think he'd be better at it if he used the Intv controller)! 

https://youtu.be/uBo2YKIHatI

Edited by gezkc
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, gezkc said:

While we're playing this game, does anyone else remember it being featured in Knight Rider as KITT's GPS/tracker? 

I remember seeing it and thinking it was so cool that one of the games I owned was being used in one of my favourite TV series! 

Here's some footage of Michael Knight playing Auto Racing (I think he'd be better at it if he used the Intv controller)! 

Whaaat that's awesome. Talk about distracted driving! ?

Edited by Intelligentleman
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

23 minutes ago, gezkc said:

That hilarious,thanks for sharing that here!??

• Like 1

20 hours ago, BiffMan said:

Speaking of all time high scores... @JacobZu7zu7, where are we keeping the HSC records if not in that pinned thread? 

I just been thinking of this the past month...

Going to continue to add updates and fix the thread for HSC records soon. I think it was left off around Season 6-7.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

To those Auto Racing,

I suggest using the red car, or the green car for quickest times and medium control.

and white for beginners. (good to learn the course tracks with) but slower top speed.

cars 4 and 5 are tan and blue very tough to turn corners with but good for experts.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, JacobZu7zu7 said:

To those Auto Racing,

I suggest using the red car, or the green car for quickest times and medium control.

and white for beginners. (good to learn the course tracks with) but slower top speed.

cars 4 and 5 are tan and blue very tough to turn corners with but good for experts.

Thanks for these tips. I can already tell you guys that red will probably be my main. Might need the white car at first, per Jacob's recs.

• Like 1

I did both track 1 and 3 with the red car. Nothing great score-wise but I am having fun revisiting and playing this game!

I am certainly going to experiment with the other cars and try to improve my scores.

It's fun before certain turns to recognize a building or pond so you are prepared to move the disc,and it's less frustrating to play and more enjoyable than I remembered it to be!

Another game I am happy was picked and I am spending time playing.??

20200409_203145.jpg

20200410_121212.jpg

• Like 5

51 minutes ago, Intelligentleman said:

Seeing your guy's screen shots makes me wish I had an old school CRT to play on. Graphics look so much better in a CRT, imo.

That's funny,my wife has been wanting me to get rid of my old tvs for years.

I love playing on them!

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

I am really getting the feel for the game.

The controls are very similar to Intellivision  Skiing where you make little pushes and cuts with either side of the disc to stay on track .

Once I started thinking of it like Skiing I started playing way better.

I now need to better my track 3 score.

This one was:course 1,red car.

20200410_145256.jpg

• Like 4

1 hour ago, wolfy62 said:

I am really getting the feel for the game.

The controls are very similar to Intellivision  Skiing where you make little pushes and cuts with either side of the disc to stay on track .

Once I started thinking of it like Skiing I started playing way better.

I now need to better my track 3 score.

This one was:course 1,red car.

20200410_145256.jpg

Yes! I was wondering if skiing was similar. Because I can carve a mean line in Skiing!

• Like 1