IGNORED

Intellivision HSC Season 12 - Game 7 - Auto Racing

26 minutes ago, JasonlikesINTV said:

I made a lot of small mistakes, but no big ones. I was shocked at how low my time was.  A surprise to be sure, but a welcome one.

The top speed of the red car, is slightly better then green, which allows room for small mistakes or "slowing" turns.

5 minutes ago, JacobZu7zu7 said:

The top speed of the red car, is slightly better then green, which allows room for small mistakes or "slowing" turns.

And the top speed of the blue/tan car is even higher, but it is otherwise the very definition of 'unforgiving' ?

16 minutes ago, BiffMan said:

And the top speed of the blue/tan car is even higher, but it is otherwise the very definition of 'unforgiving' ?

I tried the Tan car, was doing great... but suddenly I felt like Khloe Kardash driving with Kim in my ear ... :o 

ERMAGEEERRRD!

• Haha 2

Just now, mr_me said:

I tried the tan car on course 1.  I just couldn't get that bottom left turn clean without losing all my speed.  My best times were still about eight seconds behind my red car time.

Have to brake a decent amount for that turn. Quite a few of the others can be done flat out, but top right and bottom left are best done with braking. 

From there it's just a matter of driving yourself slowly mad as you begin to get it down but miss a turn entry by a pixel and have to reset. In other words: "Fun" ?

6 hours ago, mr_me said:

Top right wasn't bad but the bottom left felt like i should start braking/turning before the turn appears on the screen.

Yes, you do need to brake slightly before the corner is visible, my mark is around the last building (4th one, counting as I go down the straight)

• Like 1

I couldn't get the hang of using the blue/tan car on either course. I can see how there's more scope for getting good times if you master the braking and timing, but it takes a lot of patience and skill, so hats off to BiffMan for that 3:06 time! I think my best on course 1 with the blue car was 3:21 so I stuck with the red!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, gezkc said:

I couldn't get the hang of using the blue/tan car on either course. I can see how there's more scope for getting good times if you master the braking and timing, but it takes a lot of patience and skill, so hats off to BiffMan for that 3:06 time! I think my best on course 1 with the blue car was 3:21 so I stuck with the red!

That how my ran went, i got 3:19 in tan, and i even crashed on that sharp turn... i almost think its better to just fly and crash there, unless you can skid out and brake just the right amount of both, tricky to get the hang of.

• Like 2