IGNORED

The X-Arcade Tankstick trackball (USB) can now work for 7800 & 2600 games w/ adapters (video)

ave1

There's now a way to use the X-Arcade Tankstick trackball on your 7800 to play some specific games that really can be extra fun with that kind of controller.  The games I have in mind are Alien Brigade, Centipede, Crossbow, Crack'd, Commando, Dark Chambers, and Xevious. 

I've spent some time figuring out what adapters are necessary to accomplish this, and even included info on using other PC compatible controllers like my custom Tron 80's Arcade multicontroller with the 7800.  Check it out:

Edited by ave1
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Jinks said:

Wow cool setup. Does it have to be that tedious to use the button tho. The hand switch and reach? 

I could have opened the Tankstick up and rewired it, which isn't really that hard to do... but then- when using it to play PC games/emulators I'd have to reopen it and wire it back to the way it was before. 

Maybe I could put a switch in it and wire it up for both options to be present...

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/7/2020 at 7:07 PM, Jinks said:

I think with a switch internally would be super cool.. 

I have put up a sequel episode that shows a new way I figured out to resolve the button position issue. Xevious is the 7800 game that I feature in this video- along with s bunch of 5200 games.   Check it out here: