IGNORED

Oil's Well "Prototype"

So in the eighties I had a friend whose father worked for a software distributor, and at one point he gave me what he called a prototype of the game Oil's Well. I had it all these years and looked forward to dumping the roms and seeing if it was a unique version. It turned out it is byte-for-byte identical to the cart on Atarimania. So it was a bit of a letdown, but I wanted to post a pic of it in case it would be of interest to anyone.

IMG_0508.JPG

• Like 5

I can't remember if it was this game but does it get to a certain point where you can't complete the level ?

Slightly related, I do remember Red Max having this rock that made it impossible to get through so I made a screen dump program and edited it out.

1 hour ago, Rybags said:

I can't remember if it was this game but does it get to a certain point where you can't complete the level ?

Slightly related, I do remember Red Max having this rock that made it impossible to get through so I made a screen dump program and edited it out.

Ahhh, I'm not sure. This was one of the games my mother was great at! This and Apple Panic lol.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, invisible kid said:

So in the eighties I had a friend whose father worked for a software distributor, and at one point he gave me what he called a prototype of the game Oil's Well. I had it all these years and looked forward to dumping the roms and seeing if it was a unique version. It turned out it is byte-for-byte identical to the cart on Atarimania. So it was a bit of a letdown, but I wanted to post a pic of it in case it would be of interest to anyone.

IMG_0508.JPG

Still cool regardless,  thanks for sharing. 

• Like 1