IGNORED

Your TI hobby and the $1,200 "stimulus" funds.

Omega-TI

Many of us have been in the TI hobby for a while now and have mostly everything we "currently" want, but for newbies and returning TI'ers, this so-called "stimulus" could accelerate your return to "full-system status".  So, are you going to bank it all, or use this as an excuse to buy a few TI items?  If so, what are your plans?

7 hours ago, jedimatt42 said:

Count your eggs before you invite the guests over. ... Or some such similar expression...

-M@

I believe they saying goes, "Never count your chickens before they hatch", and it's very good advice.  I'll add another, "I'll believe it when I see it".  In the mean time, it never hurts to consider ones options.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, INVISIBLE said:

I believe they saying goes, "Never count your chickens before they hatch", and it's very good advice.  I'll add another, "I'll believe it when I see it".  In the mean time, it never hurts to consider ones options.

Options such as a new Horizon Ramdisk 4000+ or a TIPI/PI setup.

Beery

• Like 1

If I get a check, it would go for an F18A, IDE controller, and a keyboard interface.

Would like to find some courage to open-up either of my consoles and do some of these RAM modifications I've read about.  I have a couple of 74LS612s that are just dying to go into service.

Then, there's always model trains, or maybe food.

K-R.

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Kchula-Rrit said:

If I get a check, it would go for an F18A, IDE controller, and a keyboard interface.

Would like to find some courage to open-up either of my consoles and do some of these RAM modifications I've read about.  I have a couple of 74LS612s that are just dying to go into service.

Then, there's always model trains, or maybe food.

K-R.

Food is good. . .very good.

One note on the 612s--the expanded memory they control doesn't fit into the console very well. There is a sideport 1M SAMS card or a 1M PEB SAMS card that use it. I do sell bare boards if you want to build one for the PEB. . .it is a pretty straightforward build.

11 hours ago, MikeV said:

checks will be issued alphabetically, a few every month

surely you are trolling.  those who have already filed thier taxes and  have direct deposit set up should get their money this month.

those who have not filed, or have no bank info on file with the IRS will take longer.

• 3 months later...

my serious answer is yet more stuff that needs fixed around the house.  If we get the second 'stimmy', that's going into a wheelchair ramp on our front porch for Mrs. Digdug and probably a new back door for the utility room.  We also need to repaint Digdug Junior's room since he picked the color seven years ago and now does not like it. ;)  (little does he know that while we'll buy the paint, he's gonna repaint it if he wants it that bad)

my less-serious answer is where i cry that because of all the stimulus checks it'll be still super hard to find a Nintendo Switch console.

• Like 1