IGNORED

Your TI hobby and the $1,200 "stimulus" funds.

Omega-TI

The joys of being both an essential worker, AND making <30k/yr, means that even the tightwads in congress cant refuse giving me checks it seems. (all the more political I will be on the matter.)

Other than worrying about food and other essentials getting more expensive as the year moves on, I am doing OK, and the stimulus is basically just motivation to keep going to work. (It is very emotionally and physically draining to work under these kinds of conditions; More than once, I have wondered how it would have been to just stay home instead.)

Regardless, my doom-o-meter is pegging for the winter, so I am being industrious ant, and putting stuff away.  Just processed and froze 3 pints of tomatoes from my garden a little bit ago.  I will probably use another check (if it happens) to further stock the larder with bread flour, noodles, salt, dry cereals, etc...

• Like 2

1 hour ago, adamantyr said:

I didn't get one before, even though I was on furlough, and I won't get one now. The peril of making TOO much money I suppose.

As a sole proprietor, I generally qualify for absolutely nothing (never got around to being arsed to consider incorporating.)  This has been and will likely be no exception.  I pay for long-term disability insurance, but without a paycheck I would not be able to claim on it.  I keep it around for when I pull a "legit" job on W2-based contract.  Equally, even as I was fired from my most recent position, I do not qualify for unemployment and, by my calculation, rightfully so.

• Like 1

I have to pay 1800 a month in Spouse support so my check was only $603.00 not $1200.00 like other people got.

Odd thing in my Girlfriend is working and got $2400.00  and she makes 3 times what I get.

I think the whole thing is designed like some kind of SCAM!

• Like 2