IGNORED

The Resistance Cove operational.

Kyle22

Hi all. I received my UDS-10 replacement today. With help from @_The Doctor__, involving a firmware update, it appears to be working again.

Attached are the files I used. I had NO Java issues or any problems updating firmware. The web setup has Java issues. You don't need it.

After upgrading firmware. load BobTerm, ASCII 9600, N,8,1, pull power from UDS-10, hold down x key, plug in UDS. Follow prompts and enter information as follows:

IF mode: 4C

Conn mode: 56

Discon mode: 81

That should get you going.

Hope this helps.

-K

ltx5805.rom Di32DL_4.2.0.3_Web.exe

• Like 4

More reports on the Miracle Cure(s) coming up. Invermectin only requires 1 pill to CURE Corona. More info on my board tomorrow.

This is GREAT news.

WE ARE the News now!

Q

:)

Edit: If you don't believe me, look at this: https://www.drugs.com/medical-answers/ivermectin-treat-covid-19-coronavirus-3535912/

My board is a Monument to Truth! Nothing can stop what is coming. Nothing!

Edited by Kyle22
  • Like 2

Seriously you really shouldn't be getting peoples hopes up about Invermectin as a 'proven' cure for COVID-19. It's only seen limited testing outside of a human body, basically when tested in a Petri dish it looks promising, but as yet not conclusive. It hasn't gone through any human or even animal trials at this time, specifically in reference to COVID-19. No one really knows at this point if it will even work outside of a laboratory experiment, nor do they know what dose would be effective.

• Like 4

Well, maybe my dog is safe (or not) from being killed by the virus.  If I found myself in dire straits, I might be tempted to borrow some of his HeartGuard.  They do look chewy and delicious.  LOL.

Sounds like it could be another potential therapy instead of a cure.  I look forward to hearing more test results in coming weeks.  :)

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, Kyle22 said:

More reports on the Miracle Cure(s) coming up. Invermectin only requires 1 pill to CURE Corona. More info on my board tomorrow

Gotta agree If it ends up working great but would avoid these kind of statements for now.

Deep breath...

it's not the cure as like so many other things, it's part of a curative that must be tailored to individuals with other underlying issues. Covid 19 makes the immune system go a little haywire, this gives rise to any or all manor of secondary, tertiary infections as well as issues that a person already has or is currently fighting off. The person is also susceptible to new infections during the curse of the disease, with underlying physical issues emerging as well. Simply put anything that's being held at bay at some point can now run rampant.

ivermectin has been used in Japan for a number of parasitic infection and other ailments in humans. For the right person this could be PART of the treatment that may save their life. It has been shown to interfere with the SARS-CoV-2(which gives rise to CoVid 19) getting into cells. But as with all things study for this off label application will have to be done.

The trick is for the physician to stop all the other things from overtaking the system. So this is why it's necessary to select the correct mix / cocktail, as it were, for each individual.

When hydroxychloroquine is used to alleviate the storm erupting in a persons lungs it also interferes with viral replication, but that's just enough to keep a person breathing, oxygen often must be given as well. That's not enough though as you still need to kill off whatever else is wandering around in the body, now that it's so weak, the z pack is used to handle these other offenders, and as a bonus it also has some antiviral properties, add to this hydroxychloroquine opens certain receptors of the cell and can allow another item of use in on the party called zinc... yes it's vitamin as well but let's not wander too far...

when the cell allows the zinc in, the zinc gets in the way of replication. I can keep going but you get the idea.

One size fits all is rarely ever the case. You may get one size fits many, or even a majority, but to get it right it takes a little sleuthing to select the correct combination that will do the most good for a person in these situations.

No one thing is currently the miracle cure, but, with a correct match up, it's a miracle for each person.

Antibodies from the already recovered is another therapy, time honored, and works great... only thing is they are normally harvested from the previously infected... there are ways to grow them by seeding certain living host media with live antibodies. Bottom line, this added with any of the other items that get mentioned helps as well.

Slow it down, don't let it replicate, block it, kill it. In all instances you want the body to make some antibodies so you will be immune the next time around. That means you have to have been given antibodies, made your own antibodies, or have been vaccinated.

Please don't point to one thing as the cure... there are many for a variety of reasons and people. It's a little more complicated than you might think, but it's not as impossible as it sounds.

This is as simplified an explanation I can give and is not particularly exact, it's to give the general idea.

Edited by _The Doctor__
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2

• 2 weeks later...

Back to the original Topic... 

UDS-10s .. how do they DIE? 

I have 2 a UDS-10 and a UDS-100 both doing the same thing.. double output of my input. I have an MSS-100 no problems. I have tried this on 8-bit, 16-bit and my Windows XP laptop with HyperTerm.  All I get the same thing.

I do have the 5.8.5 firmware in both. Setting are as shown above - I have tried settings in the past from the Doctor, from John, from DarkLord,  none change the condition - the devices boot, do their own diagnostics etc.. I am at a loss on this. 

James

Edited by Bikerbob

double output when using Atari terminal to a BBS?

or doubling when using the buggy micro$ofts buggy telnet implementation to connect to a BBS?

there was some registry shenanigans to force ms telnet to stop doing this, but sadly my failing memory won't give it up... much like when I go back and read some of the unfortunate word salad I've made over the last few years....

on the other hand...shutting off the echo ports on the UDS and setting the UDS to only echo in command mode is a start. Make sure the terminal has full duplex with no echo set.

all things being equal all of the BBS connections should be in RAW mode these days, and telnet only to the few BBS/Telnet related services that require it...

Please snap a shot of your config pages as you cycle through them

particular interest in connect mode and disconnect mode (which is improperly named as disconnect set telnet on or off at connect as well as disconnect methods)

The last thing to remember in the care and feeding of an old MSS or UDS is the flash on these get used a bit and are degrading.... normally the less you use internal logging and other items that store in flash the better.... if it gets corrupted you can eventually brick or have strange problems... turn off all that crap. You may have to factory reset and re flash the firmware, then turn off all the crap, and finally doing your set up config and save...

This allows the uds to map out questionable flash areas and keeps the UDS happy, and since you've turn off almost all of the flash intensive crap... it should last many many years longer...

It's imperative to do this if the device started any of the weird behavior or diagnostic code blinks / lock ups... if you wait to long it will detect to many flash errors, fail it's check at boot up and got into diagnostic blink h*ll.

I may have to ask permission to go back and amend really old entries that catered to the telnet connections of old that turn out to be really bad for uploads/downloads and binary streams for other terminals like PLATO and the like...

Edited by _The Doctor__

• 6 months later...
On 4/8/2020 at 9:38 PM, Kyle22 said:

More reports on the Miracle Cure(s) coming up. Invermectin only requires 1 pill to CURE Corona. More info on my board tomorrow.

This is GREAT news.

WE ARE the News now!

Q

Edit: If you don't believe me, look at this: https://www.drugs.com/medical-answers/ivermectin-treat-covid-19-coronavirus-3535912/

My board is a Monument to Truth! Nothing can stop what is coming. Nothing!

I haven't been able to connect to your board, is it sill up?

I lost video due to (I believe) a dead transistor. I'll reboot it and hope it works. I work 7 days a week and have little time. I'll try to get a day off soon. It's difficult because I am the only person at the store that knows how to do everything. They don't know how to rent a U-Haul or pay a phone bill or pay a utility bill... It's difficult to find HONEST people to train for the job.

I recently found a girl that seems decent and honest. As of right now, I think she's gonna work out. Maybe in a week or 2 I hope to fix it.