IGNORED

Intellivision's TNT Cowboy gets a REMAKE

Hi guys!

How are you all doing?

I hope you all are OK in these hard times.

I wanted to let you know that we (Kai Magazine as developer and Elektronite as publisher) are working on the remake of the Intellivision's original TNT Cowboy, with the same essence that you enjoyed so much (as many people told us) but better graphics, musics and longer game-play.

The game has the same depth and fun as the original:

A "Final Fantasy" kind of game (where you can level up your character, accept quests, earn money, build your reputation, buy abilities and better equipment, etc) but instead of boring turn based combats, you get to blow up all those mutant beasts and undead creatures with TNT charges in real time!

Regardless of this last statement, it is family friendly, it is aimed for all ages.

The game will also have new features such as multiplayer!

We thought it would be fun for those who played the original game, to be able to compare certain key elements and areas of the original game versus the remake's same elements and areas, so here you can see a bunch of pics, showing the original Intellivision’s graphics, and the remade graphics of those areas.

I hope they are shown in the same order I uploaded them, so they are easier to compare ^_^!

Many graphics and elements still need to be improved, such as the main character itself and some background details, so the final game will probably look much better than this.

We are developing the game in Unity, so it can be easily ported to any modern console or device.

We are aiming the game performance to work (with different quality settings) to the following systems:

-Amico

-Atari VCS

-Nintendo Switch

-PC (Steam)

Other systems might be considered in the future.

We will publish a promo video shortly, so stay tuned if you are interested in this game.

Please let us know what you think about it, and for which systems would you like to see this game published in.

Stay safe!

desert-temple-i.png

desert-temple-u.png

fort-i.png

fort-u.png

mines-i.png

mines-u.png

river-mines-i.png

river-mines-u.png

store-i.png

store-u.png

temple-i.png

temple-u.png

tower-i.png

tower-u.png

town-i.png

town-u.png

warehouses-i.png

warehouses-u.png

• Like 18
  • Thanks 2

That was definitely my favorite game from last year and I played it to the finish.

This is outstanding news,thank you so much!!!??

The Amico and the Switch would be great for me,mostly the Amico!?

Edited by wolfy62
Added content.
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, Swami said:

Do you have plans for multi-player co-op for the Amico?

The updated version will be multi-player.

However, at this time, Classic Game Publishers, Inc. has no agreement to bring the game to the Amico, so people should not assume that it will definitely be on the Amico. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Elektronite said:

The updated version will be multi-player.

However, at this time, Classic Game Publishers, Inc. has no agreement to bring the game to the Amico, so people should not assume that it will definitely be on the Amico. 

Do you have an agreement to bring it to any other system yet?

Wherever it lands I would love to purchase and play it!?

Thank you for your support!

Steam and Switch are a go, but we would obviously preffer to publish it on Amico and Atari VCS first.

We know about the Atari VCS third party conditions and margins, and the hardware specs so that one is looking good.

We still don't know anything about the Amico.

Edited by Kai_Magazine
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Kai_Magazine said:

Thank you for your support!

Steam and Switch are a go, but we would obviously preffer to publish it on Amico and Atari VCS first.

We know about the Atari VCS third party conditions and margins, and the hardware specs so that one is looking good.

We still don't know anything about the Amico.

I thought Amico games had to be exclusive?

6 hours ago, cmadruga said:

I thought Amico games had to be exclusive?

Not exactly, they must have exclusive features, such as multiplayer for instance. Amico's controller is unique enough to find something different to offer I think.

15 hours ago, Kai_Magazine said:

But the Atari VCS itself doesn't look good at all unfortunately. -_- It may never release... But if you release the game on Steam, it will be playable on the VCS in sandbox mode anyway.

17 hours ago, Kai_Magazine said:

The thing with Steam is that it is overcrowded and it is almost impossible to gain any visibility.

Releasing the game on brand new consoles should give the game more visibility chances in their game stores.

I fully understand and I'll advise you to try to release the game on Amico, then. I'm not sure you'd really want to be the first (and only) game announced for the Atari VCS. ?