IGNORED

Freewheeling Games - free ROM downloads

Hey folks! I've not been around a lot this past year, and I've REALLY not been around a lot for the past month or two. Now that we're all stuck indoors for the foreseeable future, and the physical copies are long since sold out, I figured it's time to unleash the hounds ROMS!

I'm attaching the ROMS for Desert Bus, Goatnom, and FW Diagnostics. For free. To anyone who wants them. You guys have been such a source of support and encouragement and I've had a blast making Intellivision software over the years. It's not much, but if I can help at least one person stave off 8 hours of boredom through all of this... then good :)

I'll also make them available for free download at fwgames.ca/roms_new

As an aside, I discovered someone who posted a full 8 hour INTV Desert Bus session on Youtube. Amazing!

desertbus_release.zip fwdiagnostics_release.zip goatnom_release.zip

• Like 21
  • Thanks 12

15 minutes ago, freewheel said:

And a special AtariAge-only ROM variant: Desert Bus, Cascadia Edition!

This was whipped up in a mad frenzy about a year and a half ago, for a charity event. Enjoy! Variant collectors, do you want this on a cart? :D

desertbus_cascadia.zip 56.71 kB · 4 downloads

If you put it on a cart,I am crazy enough to buy it!??

• Like 1

I'm going to have to try Desert Bus with --macho.  Running jzIntv with --macho=N, where N is a number, multiplies the game speed by N.  --macho=1.5 is 50% faster, --macho=2 is 100% faster (twice as fast), etc.  With --macho=8, one way should take an hour.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, intvnut said:

I'm going to have to try Desert Bus with --macho.  Running jzIntv with --macho=N, where N is a number, multiplies the game speed by N.  --macho=1.5 is 50% faster, --macho=2 is 100% faster (twice as fast), etc.  With --macho=8, one way should take an hour.

Yeah, but can you stay on the road?  Maybe you can create a script to automate it.

On 4/9/2020 at 11:33 AM, freewheel said:

And a special AtariAge-only ROM variant: Desert Bus, Cascadia Edition!

This was whipped up in a mad frenzy about a year and a half ago, for a charity event. Enjoy! Variant collectors, do you want this on a cart? :D

desertbus_cascadia.zip 56.71 kB · 52 downloads

I mean, if you make this one on cart, I should get first dibs....  :-D  Just sad that the Inty I took to the event to play it died about 2 hours in.  (It stopped accepting controller input, so I ran off the road.  "No.  Nooooo. WHY ISN'T IT GOING BACK ON THE ROAD!‽?" TAPTAPTAPTAPTAP)

I didn't have many live viewers (I wasn't one of the main participants, of course,) but the game was a hit with the people locally in the room with me. (sigh - being in the room with people other than the family members who live in my house... What was that like again?)

If the event happens in-person again this year (still up in the air,) I might just go for the full 3 points!

Thanks again for helping out with such an awesome thing!

• 1 month later...