IGNORED

Hatari emulator controls, can't move mouse

Stevaside

Just trying to set up the Hatari emulator for the first time & am running it within Launchbox.  Never owned or played an ST, but always been curious about them.  Anyways the first game I wanted to try was Crack'ed because I love my 7800 version & was impressed by the ST version's graphics I saw on a video & the apparent mouse support that makes the game easier to control. Can't figure out any settings that seem obvious to me, but I'm unable to move the mouse once the game loads up. Just stuck at the title screen.

Another game I tried I was able to start up with the keyboard, although I'm still unsure what key I actually pressed, beind I kinda bashed them all because I couldn't tell which was meant to use haha.

If anyone can please shine some light as to what the issue is with the mouse & let me know the basic key commands for games I'd really appreciate it. I have a Hori RAP Pro arcade stick I would like to use with some games as well, but haven't tried that yet either. Little anxious with that as I can barley even get the standard controls figured out

Thanks in advance

Edited by Stevaside

• 2 months later...

Not a solution to your Hatari problem, but more a comment on ST emulation via Launchbox - I gave up on Hatari (and the Hatari Retroarch core) as my ST emulator of choice and switched over to STeem SSE. I just found Hatari awkward to configure and use (the GUI is painful TBH, issues like you experienced).

I found STeem easier to configure and work with in Launchbox - works well with multi-disc games and HD images, emulation seems more accurate (sound is MUCH better IMHO) and I found it easier to use (particularly the use of profiles to setup unique configs, like say an STE or Falcon for individual/awkward games). I also use xpadder to configure the Xbox One Pad'd right stick as a mouse with shoulder buttons as mouse buttons to get thru them pesky crack intros...

I am using the STeem SSE 3.9.4 Win64 with the latest version of Launchbox - and have a library of pretty much every ST game running just fine...

sTeVE

Edited by Jetboot Jack
  • Like 1

Hi Steve, 

interesting feedback, I have hatari on Android but can’t run multi game disks from hard drive. I’ve used steem on pc and agree it’s very smooth but haven’t used for hard disk access yet...

Can you please advise how to run operation stealth for e.g. from hard drive in steem ? 

the game comes on three .st images the first has .prg which works from hard drive. But how do you redirect the launcher to disk 2 and 3 in respective hard disk locations e.g. folder osD2 and osD3?

Many thanks,

anthony

On 4/11/2020 at 12:15 PM, Stevaside said:

Just trying to set up the Hatari emulator for the first time & am running it within Launchbox.  Never owned or played an ST, but always been curious about them.  Anyways the first game I wanted to try was Crack'ed because I love my 7800 version & was impressed by the ST version's graphics I saw on a video & the apparent mouse support that makes the game easier to control. Can't figure out any settings that seem obvious to me, but I'm unable to move the mouse once the game loads up. Just stuck at the title screen.

Another game I tried I was able to start up with the keyboard, although I'm still unsure what key I actually pressed, beind I kinda bashed them all because I couldn't tell which was meant to use haha.

If anyone can please shine some light as to what the issue is with the mouse & let me know the basic key commands for games I'd really appreciate it. I have a Hori RAP Pro arcade stick I would like to use with some games as well, but haven't tried that yet either. Little anxious with that as I can barley even get the standard controls figured out

Thanks in advance

With hatari,  F11 or F12 will bring up a window that allows you to change all sorts of settings.

I don't know what launchbox might be overriding, but I run the vanilla hatari and it is pretty flawless.