IGNORED

Need Something?

bob1200xl

I may regret this...

Gilsaluki was lamenting the scarcity of diskette holders - Flip-n-Files, I think.

I have many. I'll never use them all. He can have some of mine. Be aware that it may take me a while to search my stuff.

I have lots and lots of Atari 8-bit things that I will never use. Anybody looking for something? (not Collectibles, OK?)

Gilsaluki: MediaMate or Flip-n-File?

DSC01752.JPG

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

I probably could use just one more 5 1/4" disk holder.  I have one but it is getting a little tight in there and I'm not going to be able to comfortably fit many more disks before I risk damaging them.

4 minutes ago, chevymad said:

Makes me wonder if anybody ever made a floppy changer like they did for car cd drives. 

I know they made loaders for backup tape drives, but I've never heard of one for floppy drives. I used to have a couple of slot load IDE CD drives with an internal 4 disc magazine.

57 minutes ago, bob1200xl said:

I may regret this...

Gilsaluki was lamenting the scarcity of diskette holders - Flip-n-Files, I think.

I have many. I'll never use them all. He can have some of mine. Be aware that it may take me a while to search my stuff.

I have lots and lots of Atari 8-bit things that I will never use. Anybody looking for something? (not Collectibles, OK?)

Gilsaluki: MediaMate or Flip-n-File?

DSC01752.JPG

Wow - I'd never seen flip-n-file style cartridge holders!  ?

When are you opening your museum, Bob??

Edited by jamm
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, BillC said:

I know they made loaders for backup tape drives, but I've never heard of one for floppy drives. I used to have a couple of slot load IDE CD drives with an internal 4 disc magazine.

Someone needs to build a cartridge changer.  Preferably out of LEGOs.

I would be interested in some sort of case for holding the 5 1/4" floppies, even if it was a small one. I don't have anything holding mine at the moment, besides the sleeves they are in. Even though I only have 10 or 12 at the moment, it'd be nice to have something for holding them.

I'm in no need for anything.  Bob, you have and continue to be a very generous person.  I just wanted to say that seeing a Teknika MJ-22 brings back memories.  I had two of those back in the day and they were my main display throughout the 80's and early 90's.  Sadly, I think they got pitched in a landfill in 2004 when I thought I'd never fire up an 8-bit again. Prior to the Teknika, I had a Sylvania 19" color TV with a new "gee wiz" 75 ohm cable built in input for this new thing called "cable".  It still amazes me that this 35+ year old hardware, Teknika included, is still providing good service.  I guess that's part of the appeal to me of the 8-bit stuff.  It would be hard to name a recent product, except for maybe firearms, that will last like these have. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, bob1200xl said:

OK, but this isn't just about diskette holders. I have other Atari hardware pieces, books and manuals, as well.

Bob

it'd probably be a good idea to make a list of those things somewhere that you are willing to donate to people, when you have the chance to.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, bob1200xl said:

OK, but this isn't just about diskette holders. I have other Atari hardware pieces, books and manuals, as well.

Bob

There's a surprising lack of high quality, high resolution scans of the original color owner's guides for the 400/800/1200XL.  If you happen to have any of those in good shape, I'd love to borrow them to scan.  That includes other color manuals from that era, like "The Entertainer", "The  Educator", 410/810 manuals, etc.  I'd be happy to send them back afterwards, or pass them on to someone who'd like to have the physical copies.  I just have an insatiable craving for digital archiving...! 

Edited by jamm
  • Like 2

28 minutes ago, jamm said:

There's a surprising lack of high quality, high resolution scans of the original color owner's guides for the 400/800/1200XL.  If you happen to have any of those in good shape, I'd love to borrow them to scan.  That includes other color manuals from that era, like "The Entertainer", "The  Educator", 410/810 manuals, etc.  I'd be happy to send them back afterwards, or pass them on to someone who'd like to have the physical copies.  I just have an insatiable craving for digital archiving...! 

The Educator and Programmer are available on the IA ,I've never found the others. I've linked them on my page here https://atari8bit.net/software/?d=c&g=Books&f=Manuals