IGNORED

Need Something?

bob1200xl

I should explain some of my issues, here.

Shipping containers - cardboard boxes. I buy my boxes from U-Line 50 at a time, maybe $50 worth. I try to ship in a box that is reasonable for the item. A pair of cartridges in an 18x14x8 box is wasteful. Basically sending an empty box. But, by the same token, buying a container size just to ship one or two items isn't cost effective, either.

So, I need to collect enough data about what I will be shipping to be able to make an intelligent order. This will take a little while for some of your requests to be processed.

I am operating under the assumption that your requests are for things you have been doing without for some time. If that is not the case, let me know.

Bob

• Like 3

On 4/15/2020 at 8:34 AM, lbaeza said:

Thanks for your answer Bob, no worries.

What about the Atari 1064 memory expansion module for the 600XL computer. Do you have any?

Kind regards,

Luis.

Yes, I do have a 1064, but they are more collectible. Would you like to make an offer on it?

Bob

Do you have any free container options where you live? Here in the US, you can get or order online,  boxes and envelopes of various sizes for free straight from the USPS. You can either get straight from the post office one or a few at a time, or order in bulk online, and your mail delivery person will bring them to your door.

OK - more fun and games on AA!

800s - top covers and keyboards.

I have an inventory of complete 800s, but many of them have bad keyboards. A few have damaged cases. If I scavenge the good whole units for top covers and k/b, I will end up with a bunch of useless 800 carcasses.

So, not much we can do about top covers (is there?), but can we actually fix the keyboards? Who really knows the 800?

There seem to be a lot of folks with a bad k/b and/or a broken top cover. What can we do for these guys?

Bob

1 hour ago, bob1200xl said:

OK - more fun and games on AA!

800s - top covers and keyboards.There seem to be a lot of folks with a bad k/b and/or a broken top cover. What can we do for these guys?

Are those bad keyboards Hi-Tek, Mitsumi or Stackpole? 

@Duddie has been working on Mitsumi membranes and opened a pre-order but afaik that has stalled due to demand being well below a minimum manufacturing batch. 

Stackpoles would need new plungers, i.e. probably an injection mold or very sophisticated 3D print. 

Hi-Tek I don‘t know. 

My bad KB is a Mitsumi.  None of the keys work.  I also checked if any two keys are pressed by checking all of the pins for a short to another pin (none were) since that would also keep the keys from working.

Removing the mechanical part, I was able to get a key to press manually by testing for a short across two pins and then pressing the mylar dots until the meter beeped.  So maybe it is like I read in another post about someone who said that they fixed their 1200XL KB by loosening the mylar so that it could flex more?  I may try to give it a shot, but the mylar really doesn't want to peel up.

2 hours ago, slx said:

Here's a repair video for Mitsumi. You can pre-order a replacement mylar here but unless several dozen more are pre-ordered, they won't be produced (and iirc a hundred to get that price). 

I added myself to that pre-order list a while back.  I was able to get the Mylar in mine fixed manually, but I'd love to have a clean new one as a spare.  It might be helpful if @Duddie posted the occasional reminder letting people know the possibility exists if enough people sign up.

• 2 weeks later...

Recieved the Trakball today! It's far more then I expected Bob. Open box with manual.. very clean, it's awesome!! Love it and look forward to many hours of Missile Command and Centipede now. MC was my favorite game as a kid and only one I've ever rolled the score on, but I've never had a trakball before. Thank You! Thank You! Thank You!

• Like 2

On 4/11/2020 at 1:31 PM, bob1200xl said:

Gilsaluki was lamenting the scarcity of diskette holders - Flip-n-Files, I think.

Are they really scarce?

I see them from time to time at thrifts (obviously not right now), but I always pass them up because I'm already set.

On 4/13/2020 at 12:02 PM, AtariGeezer said:

That's ok, I have a black one also.  Would you have a spare 1200XL LED Cable (the one from the motherboard to Keyboard / top case) ?

I have a cable that is 5.75" long. Would that work?

$5 + postage.

If you want it go to my e-mail  bob1200xl@att.net  and leave me you name and address. Now is the time to add some small item, cheap.

Bob

• 2 weeks later...