IGNORED

Need Something?

bob1200xl

13 hours ago, chevymad said:

Makes me wonder if anybody ever made a floppy changer like they did for car cd drives. 

13 hours ago, jamm said:

Someone needs to build a cartridge changer.  Preferably out of LEGOs.

Sounds like a great 3D-Print/Lego/Arduino project during quarantine.....

13 hours ago, mytek said:

I got one of the flip cart holders from Bob, and it's very nice ? .

What's a flip cart holder?

12 hours ago, bob1200xl said:

Yep - great idea to make a list. Wayyy too many things in my Barn to do that.

I had the pleasure to buy some spare parts and some Atari items I always longed to have (like an 850) from Bob a couple of years ago. It was a bit like hitting on a very well stocked 80's computer store caught in a time warp. I asked "would you have this or that" and many times the answer was "would you like this or that variety".... thanks Bob! Still trying to suppress the temptation to ask again.....

16 hours ago, bob1200xl said:

Why? Are they so rare? Do you need it NIB?

Have you tried B&C and Best?

Bob

Oh no just a used one to play games with. I'm not a collector. I don't mean too expensive, I meant too much to ask for, I'm happy with my book :)

1 hour ago, bob1200xl said:

I'm pretty sure I have a broken 800 k/b, but I don't know how many good ones I might have. I think there are a few different versions - are they interchangeable?

Bob

I think there's the one's with the mylar, like mine, and then there's a mechanical type, I don't know if they're interchangeable though ?

1 hour ago, Mr Robot said:

Oh no just a used one to play games with. I'm not a collector. I don't mean too expensive, I meant too much to ask for, I'm happy with my book :)

No, actually. That is exactly what I want to see. I probably have 5 or 6 trackballs that I will never use. Rather give them away, cheap.

Bob

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, adam1977 said:

I think there's the one's with the mylar, like mine, and then there's a mechanical type, I don't know if they're interchangeable though ?

Can you send me a picture of it? Move this over to e-mail?  bob1200xl@att.net

Bob

• Like 1

On 4/11/2020 at 4:43 PM, bob1200xl said:

I'll poke around, but that kind of thing isn't generally available. Mine is black.

Bob

That's ok, I have a black one also.  Would you have a spare 1200XL LED Cable (the one from the motherboard to Keyboard / top case) ?

Edited by AtariGeezer

This time on a serious note...

Bob can you set aside one flip cart case for me, assuming you still have any left? I love the one I got from you a few years back but it's full and I have a couple of extra carts that need a home.

On 4/12/2020 at 12:35 AM, bob1200xl said:

Well, the 800 is pretty easy, what version of k/b (picture)? An 810 for parts is doable, tested and working is hard.

Bob

I'm not really bothered which keyboard, they are all interchangeable.

I'm in the UK so that may change your mind.

Regards

Mike 

Sending things to Europe (or UK) is no problem. It's just very expensive. You will have to pay shipping. (everybody getting things has to pay shipping and packing costs).

You want a working 810, an 800 top cover and an 800XL k/b?

Limit is two... pick two.

** to all:**

Unless we are talking trivial things like 50 DSDD blank diskettes, I am going to limit almost everyone to two items. The idea is that each item takes time to find, test and pack. I will make exceptions to our friends across the Pond because of the ghastly costs in shipping.

Mimo is looking for three items. If I can find them quickly and test them, I'll send him three items. Otherwise, two is his limit.

OK?

Bob

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, bob1200xl said:

Sending things to Europe (or UK) is no problem. It's just very expensive. You will have to pay shipping. (everybody getting things has to pay shipping and packing costs).

You want a working 810, an 800 top cover and an 800XL k/b?

Limit is two... pick two

I wasn't being greedy, I wasn't expecting anything tbh.

Xl keyboard is top of the list and then either of the other two would be the cherry on top. I'll leave it  to you to decide.

Thank you so much for your generosity