IGNORED

Timeslip - 5200 Version (32KB)

Nojeee

Following on from my recent conversions of Berks 4 and Major Blink I've just completed Timeslip for the 5200.

The game originally came out for the Commodore C16 in 1985 followed by the Atari 8-bit version in 1986. I've made lots of changes to the original A8 code and some of these are listed in the document along with some tips. 

One point to stress is that gameplay on the 5200 will be difficult with the standard analog controllers and a self-centering, digital solution is recommended. Many thanks to @playsoft  for checking the game on real hardware and advising re the controllers.

There were so many changes to the original 8-bit version that I'll also be uploading an updated Timeslip 2020 to the A8 forum later.

I hope you enjoy the game.

Jon

Timeslip_5200.bin Timeslip_5200_Notes.doc

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

On 4/12/2020 at 3:48 AM, Nojeee said:

Following on from my recent conversions of Berks 4 and Major Blink I've just completed Timeslip for the 5200.

One point to stress is that gameplay on the 5200 will be difficult with the standard analog controllers and a self-centering, digital solution is recommended. Many thanks to @playsoft  for checking the game on real hardware and advising re the controllers.

I hope you enjoy the game.

Jon

Timeslip_5200.bin 32 kB · 24 downloads Timeslip_5200_Notes.doc 34 kB · 17 downloads

I know I haven't played it yet but I should have no problem with controlling it because I own a 7800 version of Redemption 5200 so I have my CX24 (digital) controller ready for it, I prefer it for almost all 5200 games that depend on either 2, 4 or 8-directional control, I only use the CX52 (analog) stick for 360-degree games like Star Raiders, the RealSports games, Pole Position, and a few others.

Spent about an hour with the game today and it plays well? My controller of choice was a Slik Stik vía Master Play clone. This game is hard, but I feel that the control is pretty tight. Thanks for the conversion.

Play with caution, as this game is very addictive.

3 minutes ago, sramirez2008 said:

Spent about an hour with the game today and it plays well? My controller of choice was a Slik Stik vía Master Play clone. This game is hard, but I feel that the control is pretty tight. Thanks for the conversion.

Play with caution, as this game is very addictive.

Now if someone could make a label up so we could get this game on cart from the store ?

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

One point to stress is that gameplay on the 5200 will be difficult with the standard analog controllers and a self-centering, digital solution is recommended. 

I saw the below on eBay!!!  It's an Atari 5200 joystick adapter that can be used with Sega Genesis controller!  Looks good!  I bought one!

@Nojeee Thanks for the game, btw.  This game looks pretty colorful!  Nice!  Was it written in assembly language or in C?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/114619241665

atari5200-sega-genesis-joyadapter.jpg

On 1/24/2021 at 4:08 AM, unebonnevie said:

@Nojeee Thanks for the game, btw.  This game looks pretty colorful!  Nice!  Was it written in assembly language or in C?

I'm glad you enjoyed the game ... it was written in assembler. The original Commodore C16 version was written using Synassembler and the later Atari ports used MADS via WUDSN.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
On 1/23/2021 at 8:08 PM, unebonnevie said:

I saw the below on eBay!!!  It's an Atari 5200 joystick adapter that can be used with Sega Genesis controller!  Looks good!  I bought one!

https://www.ebay.com/itm/313512942990

atari5200-sega-genesis-joyadapter.jpg