IGNORED

Pleasent Valley Video

Irvingnator

6 hours ago, Supergun said:

All the advertisers in the back of EGM did the same thing in the 90’s too. Names or titles of games included on a big text list means absolutely nothing. They wanted people to call. They wanted to get them on the phone. So they could sell you stuff.

Great points. Those ads were also created way in advance of the games release dates or even when the magazines were going to be sold. You can find tons of vaporware in the ad sections.

• Like 1

IIRC, the defunct Video Games and Computer Entertainment magazine also advertised PVV.  But they also mentioned Frank M. Polosky in the same column which I started reviewing games for his magazine. I don't know if he retired or what but he also had a slew of rare video games usually up for bids.

4 hours ago, frankodragon said:

IIRC, the defunct Video Games and Computer Entertainment magazine also advertised PVV.  But they also mentioned Frank M. Polosky in the same column which I started reviewing games for his magazine. I don't know if he retired or what but he also had a slew of rare video games usually up for bids.

I used to get Frank's magazine and purchased quite a few carts from him in the pre-eBay days. I assumed he was a victim to technology since he would send out the magazine which was primarily a list of what he was offering, I would look through it, submit offers by mail for rarer items that often didn't have a specific price, wait to get a response by mail to see if my offer was accepted, send in my payment and then have a package shipped to me. I didn't mind and it was a little exciting to get the mail and see a new catalog or a letter from him (after I had submitted a bid). I assumed eBay had driven him out of business or that he might have moved his sales to eBay although he didn't seem very tech driven. Either way, I hope he's doing well.