IGNORED

RINGS

DrTypo

RINGS by DrTypo

U235-se by LinkoVitch

The story: why do you shoot?

In the year 3256, mankind has expanded into space. People live in giant space stations called RINGS.

It would be all well and good if it weren't for these meddling aliens. Some say we have disturbed their natural habitat.

Whatever, we must destroy them.

Instructions:
Shoot the aliens. Avoid the red balls aliens throw at you.
Grab the yellow balls for more shield. Beware: hitting the ground hurts a little bit.

HUD:
Left bar: shield level.
Right bar: distance to the ground.

Controls:
d-pad to move (y-axis is inverted).
button B to fire.

option to toggle the music on/off

This is the final version.

To play this game, you need a Skunkboard. It should also be BJL and JagCD friendly. It also works with the Jaguar GameDrive.

The game works somewhat on Virtual Jaguar but is unplayably fast.

Have fun!

rings_rc3.zip

Edited by DrTypo
rc 3 is the final version
  • Like 21
  • Thanks 1

Shooting UFOs that come flying towards the screen with a cross hair and enemy ships that launch plasma balls at the screen? Seems like a familar concept, but I LIKE IT! Lol

Unfortunately I can't play it until my hand heals but as soon as I'm better I can't wait to fire it up.

I'm really glad to see you are continuing to develop things with your voxel graphics engine. Fallen Angels is by far my FAVORITE Jaguar homebrew and I'm sure I will enjoy this as well.

Thank you Dr Typo for yet another great addition to the Jaguar.

I'm wondering if you have ever thought about doing a GEM RACE SE with voxel terrain in the background instead of the flat terrain? I bet you could, and judging from your other voxel games it would probably move along at a very decent speed.  Just a thought.

:)

Edited by WAVE 1 GAMES
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, WAVE 1 GAMES said:

Shooting UFOs that come flying towards the screen with a cross hair and enemy ships that launch plasma balls at the screen? Seems like a familar concept, but I LIKE IT! Lol

Unfortunately I can't play it until my hand heals but as soon as I'm better I can't wait to fire it up.

I'm really glad to see you are continuing to develop things with your voxel graphics engine. Fallen Angels is by far my FAVORITE Jaguar homebrew and I'm sure I will enjoy this as well.

Thank you Dr Typo for yet another great addition to the Jaguar.

I'm wondering if you have ever thought about doing a GEM RACE SE with voxel terrain in the background instead of the flat terrain? I bet you could, and judging from your other voxel games it would probably move along at a very decent speed.  Just a thought.

:)

Yeah because before 2019, nobody EVER heard of the basic concept of shooting UFOs with a crosshair.  ;-)

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Thanks for the comments guys!

@Saturn You got to level 64! You are crazy! Though the difficulty maxes out at level 9, I don't get much past that.

@WAVE 1 GAMES Yes, I have thought about doing a racer using voxels. I also thought of doing a kind of motocross game using the Fallen Angels engine. For the moment these are just ideas, who knows what I might do?

I'm tweaking the game, adding more scenery and an ending screen. I might add a few other things...

• Like 8