IGNORED

Intellivision Cosmic Avenger & Wizard of Wor ROMs for Sale

TrekMD

I hear ya! My Sears SVA has been tucked away in the closet for a while.. Not necessarily my idea to begin with, but I got a bit tired of hearing the old lady bitch about it "taking up too much room". ?  Guess I should start using an Intv II, since they're a little more compact.. Haha ? 

• Like 1

On 4/16/2020 at 1:09 AM, SiLic0ne t0aD said:

I hear ya! My Sears SVA has been tucked away in the closet for a while.. Not necessarily my idea to begin with, but I got a bit tired of hearing the old lady bitch about it "taking up too much room". ?  Guess I should start using an Intv II, since they're a little more compact.. Haha ? 

You know, this just gave me a totally stupid idea! :D

My favorite TV to play on is still our old 32" tube TV. That case has a lot of "dead air" inside it. It would be a cool "maker" project to mount an Inty motherboard in there, cut a cartridge slot and run DE-9 connectors to the front of the TV. A true retro, utterly unportable "All In One"! Just turn on the TV and plug in the controllers. I mean, what else are you going to ever hook up to the thing? Your VCR and Laser Disc and CED Video Disc players?

There are a few other improvements one could make but I won't distract from this initial phase of the project.... :P 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Question on the ROMS... I have to be "that guy" and ask... 

I only run Retropie on a converted Sears unit and another Retroflag mini-Sega Genesis.  I don't run my old machines other than a test bed and LTO.  So... I want to buy these games ..but I don't have the hardware set up.  I don't even have a CRT other than my unit on my workbench.

Why the restrictions on the ROMs.  I have both my Retropie units setup like museums with many games loaded I will never play.  Graphics, and all kinds of fun nostalgia as well... like you guys have rooms full of boxes and such. 

So yes...I want to buy...but unless I can run them on Retropie...I'm out.

Will this be the same for the foreseeable future?

Thanks

JR

Edited by IMBerzerk
  • Like 2

There have been a number of releases that have been locked to the LTO and that will not work with anything else (i.e., emulators, Retropie, etc.).  These ROMs just follow that same release pattern.  I know that's not the answer you want to get but that's the one I can give you.

9 hours ago, IMBerzerk said:

Question on the ROMS... I have to be "that guy" and ask... 

I only run Retropie on a converted Sears unit and another Retroflag mini-Sega Genesis.  I don't run my old machines other than a test bed and LTO.  So... I want to buy these games ..but I don't have the hardware set up.  I don't even have a CRT other than my unit on my workbench.

Why the restrictions on the ROMs.  I have both my Retropie units setup like museums with many games loaded I will never play.  Graphics, and all kinds of fun nostalgia as well... like you guys have rooms full of boxes and such. 

So yes...I want to buy...but unless I can run them on Retropie...I'm out.

Will this be the same for the foreseeable future?

Thanks

JR

Head over to the Intellivision Game Vault where the games are free and unlocked. 

https://atariage.com/forums/topic/290618-the-intellivision-game-vault-free-roms-updated-february-2020/#comments

• Like 2

On 4/20/2020 at 10:33 PM, Rev said:

Head over to the Intellivision Game Vault where the games are free and unlocked. 

https://atariage.com/forums/topic/290618-the-intellivision-game-vault-free-roms-updated-february-2020/#comments

I did.  I have many of those.  Really great games that I felt I wanted to archive in my unit.   I even made box images for 2 games.  Lol 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
33 minutes ago, wolfy62 said:

Are these two games eventually going to be sold on a cartridge with overlays,instructions and a box?

I would definitely love them both CIB if and when they are available. 

Thanks guys!??

They will be available later CIB. For now it's only the ROM sales.  If you an LTO cart and you want to play the games already, the ROMs are the way to go right now. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, wolfy62 said:

Are these two games eventually going to be sold on a cartridge with overlays,instructions and a box?

I would definitely love them both CIB if and when they are available. 

Thanks guys!??

I don't think he will let the already printed boxes go to waste. ;) 

IMG_1113.thumb.jpeg.a465cccd96e0591b6e2b014bf881f335.jpeg

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Intymike said:

I don't think he will let the already printed boxes go to waste. ;) 

IMG_1113.thumb.jpeg.a465cccd96e0591b6e2b014bf881f335.jpeg

So you are saying we have to buy the repro box Steve Jones made, and a separate cartridge?

Not sure I follow you. 

thanks 

• 2 weeks later...
15 minutes ago, endrixiano said:

Good day
I would like to buy both.
Can you remind how to proceed?
Thank you
F

Read the first thread, and click link shown ->

On 4/12/2020 at 5:36 PM, TrekMD said:

The ROMs for Cosmic Avenger and Wizard of Wor for the Intellivision are on sale.  I've started a thread with details in the Buy, Sell & Trade forum.  Check it out here:  TrekMD Intellivision Cosmic Avenger & Wizard of Wor ROMs for Sale