IGNORED

Intellivision HSC Season 12 - Game 8 - Mouse Trap

[Intellivision HSC Season 12]

( Game 8 )

Mouse Trap

Mouse_Trap.jpg

Mouse Trap by Coleco 1982

This unusual maze game puts you in control of a mouse who must be guided through a labyrinth of doors and corridors.

mouse_trap.gif

ROM Download Link

http://www.romnation.net/srv/roms/21558/intellivision/Mouse-Trap-1982-Coleco.html

High Score Club Record

Game Setting

SKILL LEVEL 3

Contest Ends
SUNDAY APRIL 26TH 11:59PM EST

(HIGH SCORES)

1. 394,300 cparsley

2. 310,800 jblenkle

3. 298,300 JacobZu7zu7

4. 256,600 cmadruga

5. 208,800 JasonlikesINTV

6. 149,900 BiffMan

7. 117,100 Ace24

8. 95,500 gezkc

9. 55,100 fakecortex

10. 47,400 ed1475

11. 14,400 dpisicane

12. 12,600 wolfy62

Rankings

1. BiffMan [+60]

2. gezkc [+57]

3. IntyFanMatt [+37]

4. mr_me [+35]

5. wolfy62 [+33]

5. JasonlikesINTV [+33]

7. JacobZu7zu7 [+32]

8. cmadruga [+31]
9. dpisicane [+23]

10. Player One [+22]

11. Ace24 [+15]

12. cparsely [+13]

12. m-crew [+13]

12. fakecortex [+13]

15. Intelligentleman [+12]

16. Intellfan [+10]

17. hoosierdadee78 [+7]

18. jblenkle [+6]

18. roadrunner [+4]

20. S.BAZ [+3]

20. ed1475 [+3]

23. t0spmad [+2]

23. Mister-VCS [+2]

Games Won

3 - BiffMan (Atlantis - Demon Attack - Mission X  - Auto Racing)

2 - mr_me (Lock 'N Chase - Tron Deadly Discs)

2 - gezkc (Burgertime - Auto Racing)

1 - cmadruga  (Tron Deadly Discs speed 1)

Edited by JacobZu7zu7

Have this one on Colecovision, looking forward to checking out the Intellivision version. Here's the manual if anyone's interested, maybe we'll find some good info within.

https://www.gamesdatabase.org/Media/SYSTEM/Mattel_Intellivision//Manual/formated/Mouse_Trap_-_1982_-_Coleco.pdf

Probably more at least than the overlay, haha

https://www.gamesdatabase.org/media/mattel-intellivision/artwork-overlay/mouse-trap

• Like 1

Great googly-moogly, what a terrible game!  Never played before, but wow.  Just wow.  The controls... the sounds... the music... Only wish I started with fewer lives so it would be over more quickly. 

Think I'll go back to something less frustrating like trying to drive track 3 with the blue car. 

10,000, skill 3

20200413_175618.jpg

• Haha 7

7 minutes ago, cparsley said:

INTV DK was so shite can Coleco made both the INTV and VCS DK terrible to drive more sales to the ColecoVision.

Never understood that logic. Money is money, why not make as much as possible by making as many quality games as possible?

Imagic definitely had it right: tailor games to each system's strengths. 

• Like 1

This is actually one of the great Intellivision Coleco games, I much prefer it over others and Mouse Trap on 2600.

TIPS, use the Intel controllers top 3 buttons to open and close the cage doors, ( RED gates keypad 1 , WHITE gates  keypad 2, BLUE gates keypad 3 )

Dog POWER... is Keypad 5

279,100.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, JacobZu7zu7 said:

This is actually one of the great Intellivision Coleco games, I much prefer it over others and Mouse Trap on 2600.

TIPS, use the Intel controllers top 3 buttons to open and close the cage doors, ( RED gates keypad 1 , WHITE gates  keypad 2, BLUE gates keypad 3 )

Dog POWER... is Keypad 5

279,100.jpg

Wow, that's an impressive score! Not sure I have the patience to learn this one properly, but if you say there's fun to be had, I'll give it another go!

20 hours ago, BiffMan said:

Great googly-moogly, what a terrible game!  Never played before, but wow.  Just wow.  The controls... the sounds... the music... Only wish I started with fewer lives so it would be over more quickly. 

Think I'll go back to something less frustrating like trying to drive track 3 with the blue car. 

10,000, skill 3

20200413_175618.jpg

Yeah,I put it in and tried it,then i read the booklet too hoping that might improve it. This game does suck!

I guess if we didnt know what a crummy game looked like,we wouldn't know the difference between this piece of trash and a great game.?

• Haha 2

19 hours ago, cparsley said:

INTV DK was so shite can Coleco made both the INTV and VCS DK terrible to drive more sales to the ColecoVision.

18 hours ago, BiffMan said:

Never understood that logic. Money is money, why not make as much as possible by making as many quality games as possible?

That's because it's not true.  The donkey kong programmer likely did the best they could for their first intellivision cartridge.  You have to imagine, where would coleco find someone that could program an Intellivision?  Coleco sold twice as many Atari 2600 and Intellivision donkey kong cartridges as those for colecovision.  They made coleco many millions of dollars.

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, mr_me said:

That's because it's not true.  The donkey kong programmer likely did the best they could for their first intellivision cartridge.  You have to imagine, where would coleco find someone that could program an Intellivision?  Coleco sold twice as many Atari 2600 and Intellivision donkey kong cartridges as those for colecovision.  They made coleco many millions of dollars.

Absolutely correct, it is not true at all. It’s just a conspiracy theory that people like to convince themselves to believe. 

38 minutes ago, gezkc said:

I'd forgotten how horrible the game is. The music's like something from a nightmare! I try turning it off and it keeps coming back! ?

DSC_0203.JPG

That's the great thing about the staggered format, when a stinker like this comes along, we can give it a go and then go back to Auto Racing until a new game comes out next week. ?

• Like 2
  • Haha 2