Jump to content
JacobZu7zu7

Intellivision HSC Season 12 - Game 8 - Mouse Trap

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, gezkc said:

Slight improvement. 

 

85,500

DSC_0205.thumb.JPG.ae7861d08287e2e98abd5ffe506ccdac.JPG

Ugh... You're going to make me play this again, aren't you? Grrrrr..... 

 

😁

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, BiffMan said:

Ugh... You're going to make me play this again, aren't you? Grrrrr..... 

 

😁

Haha, sorry! I felt strangely compelled to give it another go, but I wish I hadn't!

 

It could have been a very good game if it had been developed better. As it is, the controls, sound and graphics are just awful! 😬

 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, gezkc said:

It could have been a very good game if it had been developed better. As it is, the controls, sound and graphics are just awful! 😬

Sure, but other than the controls, sounds, graphics, and completely nonsensical and random movements of the cats, there's a lot to like! 

  • Haha 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, JasonlikesINTV said:

Oh, this game.  The music gets stuck in your brain like a noisy tumor.  I got used to the controls after a while, but at higher levels everything moves so fast that the system can't keep up.  It actually slows down.  I have a video laying around somewhere.

This is in a pretty high level on easy mode (no hawk).  The cats are bonkers.

 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, BiffMan said:

Wow, you got that high without using dog bones? 

Yup, I couldn't figure out which key to press to use them until I read the manual. I'll try them next time. I've had lots of experience with this game on the ColecoVision.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey, everyone....come on over to the TG-16 HSC and give Volfied a try. It's a fun game and it's lonely over there!!!

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ok first of all, if no one has mentioned it yet, you can press and hold "clear" and it will mute the music, but not the sounds effects.  You're welcome 😉

 

Next, I practiced for a bit on EASY mode today (DON'T COUNT THIS SCORE) and thought I'd share.  It's certainly much easier without that hawk!

 

IMG_20200416_233827.jpg

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, JasonlikesINTV said:

Ok first of all, if no one has mentioned it yet, you can press and hold "clear" and it will mute the music, but not the sounds effects.  You're welcome 😉

 

Next, I practiced for a bit on EASY mode today (DON'T COUNT THIS SCORE) and thought I'd share.  It's certainly much easier without that hawk!

 

IMG_20200416_233827.jpg

I press Clear and it only seems to mute the music until I get killed, then it starts up again. 😩

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ouch, that hurt... I don't want to play this anymore.

 

It's like the prisoner's dilemma. Just let me win and we will all be better off.

 

IMG_1779.thumb.jpg.e9b92f57ffe65c96a3f3983d7f9a8e1c.jpg

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Just so you know, close to the end I was accidentally killing cats *through walls* given things were fast and collision detection is just so bad.

Edited by cmadruga
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, cmadruga said:

Ouch, that hurt... I don't want to play this anymore.

 

It's like the prisoner's dilemma. Just let me win and we will all be better off.

 

IMG_1779.thumb.jpg.e9b92f57ffe65c96a3f3983d7f9a8e1c.jpg

I would like to personally thank you for posting another score over 200k, that means I definitely don't need to play again because, even if I could survive, there's no way I could tolerate playing the game that long! 

 

🙂

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mousetrap (Skill 3) - 310,800

After playing the ColecoVision version for countless years, this version is too easy.

1412216823_joesmousetrap-310800.thumb.png.5397749a5163759f7ca74deb6671a7cf.png

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, jblenkle said:

Mousetrap (Skill 3) - 310,800

After playing the ColecoVision version for countless years, this version is too easy.

1412216823_joesmousetrap-310800.thumb.png.5397749a5163759f7ca74deb6671a7cf.png

Holy crap! Nice!! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Unofficial Update - Game 8 MouseTrap

 

1 ) jblenkle 310,800

2 ) JacobZu7zu7 279,100

3 ) cmadruga 205,000

4 ) cparsley 173,200

5 ) JasonlikesINTV 107,700

6 ) gezkc 85,500

7 ) BiffMan 75,100

8 ) fakecortex 55,100

9 ) Ace24 51,000

10 ) ed1475 47,400

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Whew, came darned close to playing another game of this just now, but came to my senses in time.  I think that makes it my favorite game of Mouse Trap yet... The one I didn't play! 🙂

 

It is fascinating from a psychological standpoint as my innate competitiveness battles my desire to not play. Which side will win? Exciting! 

 

Hopefully the next game will drop soon before I give in to temptation... 

  • Haha 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Unsurprisingly, competitiveness wins out...  🙂

149,900

 

And, hey! Shouldn't I be able to keep playing? It shows I still have one life left... 🙄

20200420_155525.jpg

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...