IGNORED

Variables for colors?

satyrsfaction

1 hour ago, Karl G said:

No.  Just like the sprite data, the color data is stored in ROM, so the values cannot be changed.

but you CAN change them any time you want by assigning new values. I was interested in setting it up so the player could select his own colors for his sprite. Not sure how or if that is possible.

4 hours ago, satyrsfaction said:

but you CAN change them any time you want by assigning new values. I was interested in setting it up so the player could select his own colors for his sprite. Not sure how or if that is possible.

You could give the player color sets to choose from. If you tried to give a player row by row color choices of over 100 colors for each row, you could run out of ROM space pretty fast.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, satyrsfaction said:

You're not really assigning any new values to anything, you just set the pointer to point to that color table, which is in ROM,

but you can point to RAM with a little bit of assembly, and then you can assign new values to that RAM.

colors and graphics in RAM.bas

Edited by Lillapojkenpåön

9 hours ago, Random Terrain said:

You could give the player color sets to choose from. If you tried to give a player row by row color choices of over 100 colors for each row, you could run out of ROM space pretty fast.

well, what i was after was letting the player design their costume -- you would have a choice of boot color, pants color, etc. What I'll probably end up doing is just designing a bunch of outfits and letting the player choose. Not exactly what I wanted, but it would work.