IGNORED

Atari 8 Bit support on Spy Visits Spy BBS

rcamp48

i ections are coveredHekki everyone:

I am working very hard to make Spy Visits Spy BBS one of the best PC run Atari BBS's on the Internet, so far I have put 500 hours into the BBS, it can be dialed up at 1-226-647-0710, or Telnet into at spyvisitsspybbs.com:21, or HTTP (the best way to get files), at Spy Visits Spy BBS, also I have FTP at spyvisitsspybbs.com port 21. I have no idea if the fTP section is working yet, but I will set it up fully.

I am running Winserver 6.4 right now, I will be updating to Winserver 8.0 soon....

I have over 2,000,000 files ready to go online , all of the Atari system that exists. , each Atari section has its own file group, and file sections within the file group.

I have at present 3.5 TBs online, ut I have to back up drive C , the BBS part to Drive E, and reinstall WIndows 10 32 bit, right now I am running Windows 7 64 Bit, so I have a lot of work to do there too...

I am aslo looking for some co-sysops, let me know if you want to be one , this is a huge BBS and iut probably wioll take more than 1 sysop to run it as I have over 900 file sections, and over 100 file groups, everything from A to Z will be going online.

I am at the moment still adding files to the file sections, take a look as you log onto my web site, do not use the WC Navigator part, instead ues Web Browser. This will allow you to use all of the chat, mail, file, etc functions from HTTP. HTTPS is coming soon.

Russ Campbell

banner.gif

Edited by rcamp48
typo
  • Like 6

It will be in a few mins we had a power failure.....I just need to add some files to it while it is up

It is up now ,let me know if you have any problems.

All Atari sections are online, working on other file sections....Russ

Russ

Edited by rcamp48
addition

I will have to do that ,. Doc , its another $50.00 , I want also to get SSL security on it and upgrade to WInserver 8.0, any problems getting on? PS: over 500,000 files online I am adding more as we speak, over 1000 separate file areas, and over 100 file groups..... seem to have reached the limit on file groups....Russ

Edited by rcamp48

Ok so there is a problem , I have to rebuild the file database and that will take at least 6 hours as there is over 500,000 files, the file database has to be corrupted to do that. The system has to be shut down to do this , don't worry I will get it working, I don't want to recopy my backup as I will loose users from the user database, I will rebuild everything with the rebuild utility. I had it working last night but adding files caused this problem, I will probably payt the $212 US and go to version 8 , the latest version. Russ

Yes it was I used Spy Visits Spy BBS for 2 reasons , #1) to get around the copyright, and #2) to set up a welcoming system for all users, my BBS is up and running now, same as before but th file system seems to be working OK, I can download ATR files really fast. Let me know immediately here if something goes wrong as I like to keep on top of things , especially as I have 2 weeks to go on this self isolation thing with Covid-19, providing that nobody else in the building gets it. Russ Campbell AKA The Master-Spy.

Anyways its a huge system, with over 500,000 files , I seemto have hit the limit for now. 

11 hours ago, Kyle22 said:

I click on Applications > ATR, and it just sits there and spins. This is Magnitudes slower than my 800 65C802 @ 1.79 MHz.

This SUX!

Edit: It doesn't seem to work AT ALL.

Yuck!

Its a new BBS Kyle: There is bound to be some bugs in it , besides I am dedicated to keeping it running , and its up and running , the file system simply locked up while I was adding files, I have fixed that, so go for it.

Russ

• Like 2

3 hours ago, rcamp48 said:

Ok so there is a problem , I have to rebuild the file database and that will take at least 6 hours as there is over 500,000 files, the file database has to be corrupted to do that. The system has to be shut down to do this , don't worry I will get it working, I don't want to recopy my backup as I will loose users from the user database, I will rebuild everything with the rebuild utility. I had it working last night but adding files caused this problem, I will probably payt the $212 US and go to version 8 , the latest version. Russ

File database seems to be OK.

Russ

Unfortunately I have to take the BBS down until May 1st when I buy Winserver 8.0 , I have an agreement with Santronics now that I can work on the BBS with 6.4 and on May the 1st I will upgrade to 8.0 , I will put lots of work into it and make it great as I would like it to be bug free, am testing it as we speak, and I have made a video that shows how to start up a BBS from getting a free domain name to successfully setting up Lord 2.9C, will be working on setting up DOS games as a separate video, no speaking in the video just a screen capture of what I am doing, with the mouse highlighted, I use a registered copy of Debut Professional to make the video, and use good old rock and roll as the music for the background. When the video I mentioned is ready in 6 hours I will post it. Russ

On 4/15/2020 at 12:14 PM, Kyle22 said:

I'll check again.

Edit: Looks good now. Thanks!

Are you my BBS , and the sysop of an Atari 8 bit BBS, if so I will give you Platinum access level, very special access level for sysops, soon all of the menus will say *********** PLATINUM LEVEL ACCESSS ***********  if you have that access level, gives you other private sysop only message groups , and an area for sysops to talk in, right now I am adding 1,000,000 files it will take 4 days to complete but only take a few minutes to access as it will be very well organized, the good thing is that you can log in while it is doing this , all of the Atari groups have already been added as Atari 8 Bit, etc... I will be adding sub groups too.

I now have 58 working 32 bit online games , and everything is backed up to my cloud drive, and my second hard drive, system crashes are very small now as I back up every 12 hours to the cloud drive and my other drive. Working very hard on the BBS, as I you guys were paying users and expecting my very best. I get up every morning at 5:00 AM to start work on the BBS , and go to bed at 10:00 PM. 

Russ