IGNORED

1088XLD blank color screen but no boot up

rockdoc2010

I just fired up my 1088XLD and I get a eight note musical rif but my screen is blank. Color filled, one color adjustable by the pot, but nothing is loading from U1MB. I hear a slight sound when I hit F12 or F11 but I am getting no action on the screen. Its a great looking single color screen btw.

I used Sdrive max on my XEL in order to do all of it's updates; U1MB firmware, XEL-CF3, and SdosX but I am stuck on the 1088XLD.

Any suggestions?

Well I verified that it most likely the U1MB.

When I took out my U1MB from the 1088XLD and plugged into my 1088XEL I got the same full screen issue.

I thought I was putting back the original into the XEL and thought I killed my XEL.

I put the other U1MB back into my XEL and my system boot to spartados 4.49  WOO HOO it aint dead!

So now I just need to pull the plcc from the bad U1MB and send it off to get reprogrammed.

Assuming I can find a suitable vendor.

Thank you for your time!

Rockdoc2010

Nope I was wrong.

I looked closer and saw that I had an older version of the U1MB software installed in the XEL.

Swapped again and found the correct version in that board. Woo Hoo!

No bad U1MB.

Sooooo there is an issue that tells the U1MB to boot up the OS that is inherent to my 1088XLD motherboard.

Rockdoc2010

• Like 1