IGNORED

HSC17 Round 7: LASER GATES + BLUE PRINT

LASER GATES + BLUE PRINT

Another two game round to keep people occupied, provisionally ends Sunday 26th April 10am UK time (5pm EST). Everyone welcome to play, just post a score or two :)

Laser Gates

A decent scrolling space shooter, not overly difficult and is completable last played way back as the finale for Season 5!  Make it to the end and destroy the evil 6502 chip?!!! Remember to fuel up on energy.

"Booby Traps!

* Beware of booby-trapped Detonator pins on Detonators!

- The Dante Dart loses Shield reserves for each booby-trapped pin it strikes.

- Strike the same booby-trapped pin twice and the Dante Dart will be destroyed.

- The position of the booby-trapped pins changes randomly from game to game."

[Option]=pause

Download fandal XEX

Instructions on atarage's 5200 port thread (based on 2600 ver)

laser_gates.png.ac3521b2db024405a2525f9434a8d67b.png

Blue Print

Despite my efforts I don't think this has ever been HSC played before?! A fun single screener, collect the bits of the machine and shoot the giant fishy guy who is chasing your woman while throwing plant pots at your head!! They don't make 'em like that anymore (sadly) :D

[Space]=pause

Download fandal XEX

try atarionline.pl various XEX/ATRs

Atariage has the Instructions [5200 ver]

blue-print.png.46b4be0a3044146344e11db2ac11d2a5.png

Have fun

• Like 1

Hm, Blueprint is a little interesting as it was advertised for Atari 2600, 5200, 400/800/1200XL and Intellivision. Only the first two versions are known to exist and the one we'll play here is a conversion from the 5200, perhaps the same version CBS were planning to release for the A8. Then it also exists on the C64, published by Commodore themselves as part of their deal with Bally Midway. Even more interesting that the original arcade game was made by the British studio Ashby Computers and Graphics, later better known as Ultimate Play the Game (the Stamper brothers) with the long row of games like Jetpac, Atic Atac, Sabre Wulf, Knight Lore etc.

It also makes this round feature two games of which neither was sold separately on the system we'll play them as Laser Gates only seems to have existed in the Imagic 1-2-3 compilation and Blueprint as noted is converted from the 5200.

Edited by carlsson
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, carlsson said:

Hm, Blueprint is a little interesting as it was advertised for Atari 2600, 5200, 400/800/1200XL and Intellivision. Only the first two versions are known to exist and the one we'll play here is a conversion from the 5200, perhaps the same version CBS were planning to release for the A8. Then it also exists on the C64, published by Commodore themselves as part of their deal with Bally Midway. Even more interesting that the original arcade game was made by the British studio Ashby Computers and Graphics, later better known as Ultimate Play the Game (the Stamper brothers) with the long row of games like Jetpac, Atic Atac, Sabre Wulf, Knight Lore etc.

It also makes this round feature two games of which neither was sold separately on the system we'll play them as Laser Gates only seems to have existed in the Imagic 1-2-3 compilation and Blueprint as noted is converted from the 5200.

nice info carlsson :thumbsup: 

you should write for a magazine :-D

@RT you've got to get up early to beat the roadrunner to post the first scores! (early in the afternoon this time)!. Still working on my abbuc game, had a bit of a block (not on legs) but have just set the latest assemble running so fingers crossed some of the changes might work for a change :-o

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, carlsson said:

Thanks for the background info Carlsson

• Like 1

Laser Gates 4.947, can't figure out best way to dock for more energy, so I always end up short of the first 6502...

image.thumb.png.b309ee9a8aa0d503799075e76f5a02fb.png

Blueprint from Fanal keeps crashing when hit by the potted plant. (Those are pesky!) I tried Altirra 3.2 and Atari800MacX with OS/A, OS/B and XE settings. The attached version did not crash and I managed 15.000 points.

image.png.a95626af966dd40af7225de42370308f.png

Blue-Print (v2).xex

• Like 2

On 4/16/2020 at 5:40 AM, slx said:

Laser Gates 4.947, can't figure out best way to dock for more energy, so I always end up short of the first 6502...

Blueprint from Fanal keeps crashing when hit by the potted plant. (Those are pesky!) I tried Altirra 3.2 and Atari800MacX with OS/A, OS/B and XE settings. The attached version did not crash and I managed 15.000 points.

Blue-Print (v2).xex 16.24 kB · 0 downloads

When the energy pod appears, just make contact with it and let go of the joystick.  Your ship will stay "docked" and you will refill your energy meter.  I thought I had to keep fighting with it, myself until I watched a YT video.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, slx said:

image.thumb.png.b309ee9a8aa0d503799075e76f5a02fb.png

image.png.a95626af966dd40af7225de42370308f.png

Yeah as Deteacher says, just drop in on top of the energy pod (box on stalk with flashing 'E')  and your energy is replenished. 

On 4/16/2020 at 5:40 AM, slx said:

Same on my 800xl. The v2 xex doesn't crash

5 hours ago, McKong said:

Both these games are pretty average IMO. Although I did just discover that on Blue Print you speed up when you press the joystick button so that makes it more playable!

Blue Print 40000

I liked Laser Gates on the 2600 a lot. This version doesn't quite have the same magic, but it's not too bad.

Here are the instructions for the 5200 version of Blue Print, if anyone is interested. (I didn't know that you could throw "Sneaky Pete" back into the bomb pit!)

https://atariage.com/manual_thumbs.php?SoftwareID=2054

Edited by graywest
  • Like 2

48 minutes ago, graywest said:

I liked Laser Gates on the 2600 a lot. This version doesn't quite have the same magic, but it's not too bad.

Perhaps that is one of the reasons why it never was sold separately, but on disk in a compilation of three Imagic games. Good, but not good enough on a cut-throat market in order to release it on full price cartridge.

Edited by carlsson
  • Like 2

55 minutes ago, graywest said:

Here are the instructions for the 5200 version of Blue Print, if anyone is interested. (I didn't know that you could throw "Sneaky Pete" back into the bomb pit!)

https://atariage.com/manual_thumbs.php?SoftwareID=2054

Maybe because in this version you fight against 6502, meanwhile, in 2600 is against 6507 :P

https://manillismo.blogspot.com/2019/09/laser-gates.html

• Like 1
  • Haha 1