IGNORED

ODYSSEY HUNTING ADVENTURE OFFICIAL PREORDER THREAD

ManCaveArcade

ODYSSEY HUNTING ADVENTURE OFFICIAL PRE-ORDER THREAD

What is Hunting Adventure?

Hunting Adventure is a homebrew game for the original 1972 Magnavox Odyssey system, the world’s first video game console. This is the FIRST homebrew game for the 1972 Odyssey that uses the Rifle Accessory!  I started this game a long time ago back in 2012 and finally got around to finishing it. This will be my second homebrew game in my series of six. My first one was Odyssey Evil that was very popular and sold out fast!

GAME DESCRIPTION:

Hunting Adventure takes you on a wild life hunting experience of a lifetime. Hunt 6 different animals in 3 different countries from the USA, Canada and Africa. Using the 1TL950 Odyssey rifle accessory (not included), you must time your shot just right to take down the big game and accumulate points. After each country’s large game hunt, there is a small game bonus round to add to the challenge. The final challenge you must face is the ultimate hunters experience "The Zombie Hunter Bonus Round".  Do you have what it takes to become the new Master Hunter?

What is included with this Odyssey game?

This game includes:

1.       A FULL SIZE professional hand built box numbered 1-25 of 25 (You may be able to reserve your number if available) See picture for size comparison to original game box. This is not an easy box to make due to the size and shape.

2.       (2) large hunting site overlays. The large overlays are just a little smaller then the original overlays but look and work great. The original large overlays are a really odd size that is difficult to find so I got the biggest ones I could find.

3.       (6) “Critter Bonus Round” cards

4.       A Critter Rack to hold the Critter cards during bonus round

5.       (3) “Sight Card” Overlays used during bonus round

6.       Hourglass sand timer

7.       (6) double sided score cards

8.       A standard size and formatted instruction sheet

9.       A signed certificate of authentication.

10.     (1) Zombie Hunter Bonus Round large Overlay

11.     Surprise bonus material

What is NOT included in this game that is needed to play?

·         Original 1972 Magnavox Odyssey system

·         Electronic Rifle

·         Game Card #10

How much does it cost?

UPDATE EDIT 4/23/2020: $70 plus shipping. I did an online shipping calculator to California to get a rough estimate on shipping cost and it was $10. The final package is 6" x 18" x 2" and weighs just under 1 pound.

If there is a (P) beside your name that means I have received payment and an (S) means your package has been shipped.

0.       ManCaveArcade

1.       Ianoid (P) (S)

2.       Ianoid (P) (S)

3.       Stupus (P) (S)

4.       CaptainJ (P) 

5.       Dastari Creel (P) (S)

6.       Masschamber (P) (S)

7.       CVGA (P) (S)

8.       TPR (P) (S)

9.       Zodiacprime (P) (S)

10.     Retrogmr (P) (S)

11.     High voltage (P) (S)

12.     Blazing lazers (P) (S)

13.     Captain Combat (P) (S)

14.     Zhorton (P) (S)

15.     Atari2008 (P) (S)

16.     SOLD (P) (S)

17.     SOLD (P) (S)

18.   BuckeyeFan_4eva (P) (S)

19.   PENDING

20.   ETWelty (P) (S)

21.   thejers (P) (S)

22.   STILL AVAILABLE

23.   STILL AVAILABLE

24.   STILL AVAILABLE

25.   SLYDC  (P) (S)

UPDATE 4/23/20: THESE ARE ALL FINALLY COMPLETE AND READY TO SHIP. I will be sending everyone a message soon with payment and to get shipping information. Thanks to all who have supported me and this project!

I WILL NOT ACCEPT ANY MONEY UNTIL ALL OF THESE GAMES ARE BUILT AND READY TO SHIP!

The first prototype game has been completed and the rest are still in the production process. I am doing this pre-order based on your integrity to pay in full at the time of project completion which is estimated sometime in MAY. So to reserve your copy, you must make a post here AND send me a PM and I will add you to the list. Please do not get on the list if you are not 100% certain that you want one and are willing to pay. I am only making 25 copies of this game because it is such a time consuming (and expensive) project so I don’t want to turn away any serious members who want one and then end up with extras due to non-payment. Be assured that this is a ManCaveArcade quality project and I WILL DELIVER IN A TIMELY MANNOR. If there is any delay at all for any reason, you will receive weekly updates. My last game got great reviews so feel free to check out my old pre-order thread for feedback.

Edited by ManCaveArcade
Update LIST
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, high voltage said:

Shipping to Germany?

I'll take one, any number...

I added you to the list pending shipping info. This is an odd size box and I think may be expensive to ship that far but I will look into it for you. I don't mind sending it to you as long as you feel its worth the shipping fee. I would probably add some additional packing material for the long travel.

I just updated the post to reflect PRICING information. If you reserved prior to this update and would like to be removed from the list, please PM me ASAP so I can open up your spot. 

I also added all requests so far to the reserve list. If your name is not on the list it is not reserved so if I missed a message or request please let me know.

So far there is only 11 copies left, I may increase production on this run to 30 if there is enough interest and if there is no objections to this.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, ManCaveArcade said:

I added you to the list pending shipping info. This is an odd size box and I think may be expensive to ship that far but I will look into it for you. I don't mind sending it to you as long as you feel its worth the shipping fee. I would probably add some additional packing material for the long travel.

Hello

many thanks for checking.

* NEW UPDATE *

I felt like this game pack needed something else so I just added the "Zombie Hunter Final Bonus Round". This will consist of 1 additional large size overlay (It can be cut down to fit smaller TV's without loosing critical game play), updated instructions and score cards. I'm really excited about this one because it adds another layer of game play with a different strategy then the other 6 hunts in the game. It is a timed round (with the 60 second sand timer) and trying to kill as many zombies as possible before time runs out. In a close game this could be the deciding factor of becoming the "Master Hunter"

Sample picture:

ZombieOverlaySample.jpg

There was a lot of trial and error (and wasted ink and material) designing overlays that work properly with the rifle. If the overlay is too translucent, it would register a shot outside of the intended target area. If the overlay was too dark, it takes away from the detail. This bonus round print alone took 10 prints before I got it just right and I really like how it turned out. It is my favorite overlay of the game :) You can set P1 at the bottom left, P2 at the middle far right and adjust the english controls so the moving target actually makes a curve through both zombie mid sections back and forth. It is a pretty difficult shot so turning the speed all the way down is recommended. It is actually pretty fun to try and see how many you can hit in 60 seconds.  This is the Final bonus round so it could get quite competitive!

Edited by ManCaveArcade
Added sample picture
  • Like 5

After a LONG day of hard work, I managed to finish all of the boxes for this run. I have made a lot of boxes over the years but Odyssey boxes are by far the most challenging boxes to make due to the size. It took a total of 8 hours start to finish for 26 boxes but I think they turned out great and I think you will be satisfied with them. They are very sturdy.

BoxesCompleted.jpg

• Like 5

On 4/16/2020 at 9:59 AM, ManCaveArcade said:

So far there is only 11 copies left, I may increase production on this run to 30 if there is enough interest and if there is no objections to this.

I don't see why that would bother anyone. I'd rather see you be able to sell a few more of these and let everyone who wants one get one instead of sticking with a self-imposed limit.

Your work looks awesome btw!

• Like 3