IGNORED

ODYSSEY HUNTING ADVENTURE OFFICIAL PREORDER THREAD

ManCaveArcade

I absolutely love the way this item looks,all the great quality and work  that was put into it.

I dont believe my Oddysey works at all,I just pulled it out of the closet to mess with it and,

I dont have the rifle attachment and when I looked them up on Ebay I doubt I can afford one.

But even with that,If I can in anyway find the money to buy one of these I will,because simply this is one of the coolest homebrew things I have seen anyone make for any system.

Outstanding work!???

• Like 2

4 hours ago, wolfy62 said:

I absolutely love the way this item looks,all the great quality and work  that was put into it.

I dont believe my Oddysey works at all,I just pulled it out of the closet to mess with it and,

I dont have the rifle attachment and when I looked them up on Ebay I doubt I can afford one.

But even with that,If I can in anyway find the money to buy one of these I will,because simply this is one of the coolest homebrew things I have seen anyone make for any system.

Outstanding work!???

Thanks!

I put a lot of hard work into this and still have a lot of work to finish them up but I'm making progress. 

On 4/16/2020 at 3:50 PM, ManCaveArcade said:

I added you to the list pending shipping info. This is an odd size box and I think may be expensive to ship that far but I will look into it for you. I don't mind sending it to you as long as you feel its worth the shipping fee. I would probably add some additional packing material for the long travel.

Thank you very much

• Like 1

UPDATE on overlays,

I started printing complete sets of overlays today on my new printer and WAY underestimated the amount of ink it takes to print these. They have to be printed on the highest quality setting for them to turn out properly and I'm lucky to get 5-6 overlays printed before it blows out the cartridge. I'm estimating its costing me close to $8-$10 per overlay with the expensive film and ink together. With that being said, I've decided to eliminate the duplicate small overlays in this release to keep cost down. I did however add a lot of additional content to this game to make up for it that was not in my original post. I added the large overlay for the zombie hunter bonus round, 3 additional critter bonus round cards (for a total of 6) and a few other small bonus things that you will find when you open the box :)

I hope everyone is ok with these changes and keep in mind all the extra's I've added since the first post. If anyone has an issue with the changes that already reserved a copy, please pm me so we can discuss it privately.

I'm on the home stretch to finishing these game sets and will be able to start shipping soon!

Edited by ManCaveArcade
update
  • Like 2

I have no issues whatsoever if you change anything because until it's ready to be released,

the game is still a W.I.P.

"... and a few other small bonus things that you will find when you open the box".

Hopefully that we won't find a check with Trump name on it...LOL!!!! ;)

• Haha 1

More than okay with these changes, just excited about this quality homebrew and thankful for all the effort and work you have put into this. I don't even have an Odyssey rifle yet lol and I'm getting this game! My Odyssey collection is a rapidly growing work in progress and this will be a most fun addition. So glad I got an Odyssey last summer, its quickly grown to be my favorite thing to collect for. ?

TIME FOR AN UPDATE!

I like to share with you guys some of the steps and stages involved in doing this small game release. It has been a long time since I did one of these and forgot how much work it was. Making 1 set is easy but making 25 complete sets is very time consuming. I have been working nonstop for days on these and finally ready to assemble them into sets. Here is a brief description of some of the steps I went through:

CRITTER STANDS:

I'm really proud of these "Critter Stands" I developed and finished assembling. They printed on really strong stock and very sturdy. They are also serve an important function in playing the bonus rounds of this game. These alone took me about a total of 4 hours to hand cut, score and assemble. You can see in back row I have an entire deck of Critter Bonus round cards in 2 of them and it holds up great.

CRITTER BONUS CARDS:

I worked really hard on these and definitely feel they add another layer to this game play. There is only 3 bonus rounds per game so I originally only made 3 different rounds. When my daughter stopped over to try it out with me, she really enjoyed them and said I should make another set so its a random pick each time and you would get a slightly different game play with repeat play. I loved that idea and designed 3 more for a total of 6 in the set. I made them as big as I could so they just fit inside the box aprox 4"x6". l had to print 150 total on both sides at 300 ppi on heavy card stock, hand cut, laminated, cut again and then heat sealed. They are really nice, sturdy, glossy and durable. Printing in high resolution is slow but looks great and each sheet of card stock has to be hand fed 1 at a time in the machine. This process was spread out over a few days but if I were to guess, I'd say about 6-8 hours based on print time and hand cutting. Special thanks to the wife for helping me with the lamination :)

SIGHT CARDS:

These had to be see through so after printing them on transparent film, I had to go through the same process as the cards by hand cutting, laminating, cutting again and heat sealing. The result is quite nice as they are very transparent and strong now.

More to come soon!

CritterStand.jpg

• Like 3

Thats awesome!

As someone who has done a few unique homebrews i agree when you start making over 10-15 of something you realize how much work it is....nice job! And glad you had some time to make these happen!

I agree too that not doing the small overlay is no problem for me, i would also be fine to pay more if you did do them or made them an option to add :)

I also would have no problem with you making more sets if there is demand and you can handle it ;)

• Like 1

15 hours ago, ManCaveArcade said:

TIME FOR AN UPDATE!

I like to share with you guys some of the steps and stages involved in doing this small game release. It has been a long time since I did one of these and forgot how much work it was. Making 1 set is easy but making 25 complete sets is very time consuming. I have been working nonstop for days on these and finally ready to assemble them into sets. Here is a brief description of some of the steps I went through:

CRITTER STANDS:

I'm really proud of these "Critter Stands" I developed and finished assembling. They printed on really strong stock and very sturdy. They are also serve an important function in playing the bonus rounds of this game. These alone took me about a total of 4 hours to hand cut, score and assemble. You can see in back row I have an entire deck of Critter Bonus round cards in 2 of them and it holds up great.

CRITTER BONUS CARDS:

I worked really hard on these and definitely feel they add another layer to this game play. There is only 3 bonus rounds per game so I originally only made 3 different rounds. When my daughter stopped over to try it out with me, she really enjoyed them and said I should make another set so its a random pick each time and you would get a slightly different game play with repeat play. I loved that idea and designed 3 more for a total of 6 in the set. I made them as big as I could so they just fit inside the box aprox 4"x6". l had to print 150 total on both sides at 300 ppi on heavy card stock, hand cut, laminated, cut again and then heat sealed. They are really nice, sturdy, glossy and durable. Printing in high resolution is slow but looks great and each sheet of card stock has to be hand fed 1 at a time in the machine. This process was spread out over a few days but if I were to guess, I'd say about 6-8 hours based on print time and hand cutting. Special thanks to the wife for helping me with the lamination :)

SIGHT CARDS:

These had to be see through so after printing them on transparent film, I had to go through the same process as the cards by hand cutting, laminating, cutting again and heat sealing. The result is quite nice as they are very transparent and strong now.

More to come soon!

CritterStand.jpg

This is GREAT! Thank you for all your hard work and dedication to this. I'm really looking forward to it!

UPDATE:

I am pleased to announce that Odyssey Hunting Adventure project is finally complete! This game is packed to the seams with content. I was worried it may all not fit into the box but with some strategic packing I was able to barely get it all in there. All the boxes are numbered with matching certificates and being packaged up now for shipping. I made a custom shipping box template and have to make each one from scratch with heavy cardboard stock. I included a photo of what to expect when it arrives. I'm wrapping in bubble wrap, adding a few packing noodles to stabilize it and securing into this sturdy custom box. I hope they make it to their new home safe. 

I am still planning on finishing my 6 game set that I promised back in 2012 and have already begun game #3 which will feature a custom game card (prototype already done) different from any one made by Magnavox. It may take a while to complete but will be worth the wait......

If you have reserved a copy, I will be sending everyone a message by the end of today for payment and shipping information.

AssemblyTime.jpg

CompleteBoxSets.jpg

ShippingBox.jpg

ReadyToShip.jpg

• Like 4

I agree with Atari2008, the game looks awesome! Can't wait to shoot some zombies

and wild (printed) animals! ;)

Just curious, can you tell what are the other game names (#3 to #6) ? Or are the

names also are a WIP ?

And BTW, cartridge #13 already exists as Vibrant Labs release it last year with the OdysseyNow

Game Pack #1. They also have #14 & #15 made but those are still unreleased and cartridge #16

is still a mystery so since there's no info for this cart, you should use it for your prototype or ask

Zack as he knows more about those.

Oh and cartridge #11 was released with "Odball" by Robert A. Vinciguerra.

'Nuff Said true gamers! ?

--- Sly DC ---

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ManCaveArcade said:

I just shipped everyone's games today who paid and game me their shipping information. Hopefully they will arrive soon but the post office told me that the out of the country shipments could take a while due to current circumstances. Please let me know what you guys think.

YES! So psyched. Thank you! :D

Got mine too!

Amazing job!

And for anyone curious they do fit in williams odyssey game box protectors!

Available here:

https://hoskinson-industries.myshopify.com/collections/microvision

Here is a pic with all the odyssey boxed games complete and in protectors and i believe every existing hombrew except for the huge tube and game pieces for mentis/cohorts that i have packed away unfortunately. But i did have its paperwork handy, so thats in the pic. :)

20200427_172712.thumb.jpg.dea383951850c6efa17dca6a8d926bc9.jpg

• Like 4

12 hours ago, stupus said:

Got mine too!

Amazing job!

And for anyone curious they do fit in williams odyssey game box protectors!

Available here:

https://hoskinson-industries.myshopify.com/collections/microvision

Here is a pic with all the odyssey boxed games complete and in protectors and i believe every existing hombrew except for the huge tube and game pieces for mentis/cohorts that i have packed away unfortunately. But i did have its paperwork handy, so thats in the pic. :)

20200427_172712.thumb.jpg.dea383951850c6efa17dca6a8d926bc9.jpg

Wow, that set is amazing! I missed out on some of those early homebrews so I'm jealous. Thanks for the link, I had no idea they made box protectors for these games! Giving me an idea..............

• Like 1