IGNORED

Interesting Games

LHoffmanjr22

3 hours ago, LHoffmanjr22 said:

Hi All,

Thanks for all the info and the offers to buy these. I really didn’t know I had anything that unique. Given the amounts that have been offered, I think I’m going to list these on eBay. I do this more to use a reputable site that can protect both myself and the buyer than anything else, though as someone who doesn’t know how much these might be worth and how much could be profited after I sell them, I think this is best. The listing will have the option to make offers as well as bid, and when I have that link I’ll post it on here if you’re all interested in me doing so. I do want the games to get into the hands of people who will enjoy them, but I don’t feel comfortable with making a transaction of this amount outside of a known format. 

Maybe this "I do want the games to get into the hands of people who will enjoy them" will happen, but sometimes it's difficult to let greed not take over.

I am hoping for the best, and that LHoffmanjr22 will share this with the community before selling on e-bay as chances are that it will be sold to a "collector" and dissapear.

LHoffmanjr22, just so you know, Carl/Songbird is tremendously reliable.  He has been making and selling professional-caliber Atari games for decades and is a prominent name in the AtariAge community.  Perhaps most importantly, he has finished and released several games that were originally scrapped in production when their console markets died.  (I don't know that there's a chance for that to happen here, since we're dealing with ROMs and not source code, but I can dream.)

Ultimately it's your choice, of course.  These games are your property, and it's not our place to tell you what to do with them.  But,  I don't know, think of the children.  Or something.   :)

• Like 1

20 hours ago, LordKraken said:

Do you think you could film Guardians a little longuer? The video cuts right when it's going to be interesting :)

Yes, that'd be great. This might well be the last we see of the title, and it'd be nice just to see a little more of the gameplay. I'm particularly intrigued because the title screen matches the one screenshot that's been circulated in the community, and if that's so, then it's possible that the one overhead perspective that we have of in-game action, which is pretty good, might actually be in the game and not a mock-up.

• Like 1

On 4/18/2020 at 9:49 AM, Songbird said:

If you are willing, you could send the carts to me before you put them on eBay. I can dump the ROMs from all carts as I have a ZIF socket EPROM reader and a Lynx cartridge reader; in fact, I've dumped numerous Atari carts that look exactly like yours. Then, if you don't want me to buy the carts directly, I would return them all to you at no charge. That way, the ROMs get preserved yet collectors can still buy the carts from you since these are a very unique piece of Atari history.

Feel free to PM me or email sales@songbird-productions.com if you'd like to discuss. I can also talk over Google Hangouts or via phone if you prefer. Thanks for your consideration!

I plan on bidding (and hopefully winning) the auction once it arrives.  **IF** I win, I will guarantee that ALL of them go to Carl for dumping.  I will also make them available to the community for playing.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, MacRorie said:

I am sure a fair and equitable price was worked out by both parties. 

Please tell me that this is a knowing wink to all of us. I would be such a tragedy for Guardians to simply slip into someone's electronic curio cabinet.

--hey, wait a minute: that auction contains some different cartridges than OP originally showed. I'm sort of (but not really) curious to see if that proto of Grid Runner is actually worse than the mess of Hyperdrome that made it out of Telegames.

Also: check out the title screen for Battlezone 2000! It looks like that this was the version with the "2000" mode as the standard playing mode before it was hidden as an Easter Egg.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, davidcalgary29 said:

Please tell me that this is a knowing wink to all of us. I would be such a tragedy for Guardians to simply slip into someone's electronic curio cabinet.

--hey, wait a minute: that auction contains some different cartridges than OP originally showed. I'm sort of (but not really) curious to see if that proto of Grid Runner is actually worse than the mess of Hyperdrome that made it out of Telegames.

Also: check out the title screen for Battlezone 2000! It looks like that this was the version with the "2000" mode as the standard playing mode before it was hidden as an Easter Egg.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/22/2020 at 5:30 PM, MacRorie said:

Seriously, how much more clearly do I have to draw it? ;-)

Nudge, Nudge, wink, wink

So are we going to get an update? I'm dying to hear if Grid Runner is as much as a dog as Hyperdrome. :)

Seriously, though. Is Guardians playable in any way?

• Like 1

11 hours ago, davidcalgary29 said:

So are we going to get an update? I'm dying to hear if Grid Runner is as much as a dog as Hyperdrome. :)

Seriously, though. Is Guardians playable in any way?

I have them in hand.  They took a bit to get here.  Will have an update just as soon as I can get everything off of my desk.

-M

• Like 3