Are there some dead gaming genres you'd like to see the Amico bring back? There are three I'd love for the console to resurrect. Here they are:

• Like 2

There have been a few Amico climbing games mentioned that include remakes of Miner 2049er, Lode Runner, Spelunker.  Only the Burgertime remake might be ready for 2020.  I think of the original Burgertime more of a maze game.  As far as dot eating maze games, not much happening except that they've mentioned Locknchase.  Obviously the big dot eating maze game license that everyone knows about is what would be sought after.  There could be more licenses negotiated later.

For slide and shoot games like the Astrosmash remake, remakes of Centipede and Demon Attack are expected later.  I think games like R-type are similar with the added element of the scrolling background obstacles.  Amico R-type is expected either this year or early 2021.  Space Invaders is a well known license but I'm not sure if they have interest in that game and I don't think calling it Space Armada is a good idea.

23 hours ago, mr_me said:

There have been a few Amico climbing games mentioned that include remakes of Miner 2049er, Lode Runner, Spelunker.  Only the Burgertime remake might be ready for 2020.  I think of the original Burgertime more of a maze game.  As far as dot eating maze games, not much happening except that they've mentioned Locknchase.  Obviously the big dot eating maze game license that everyone knows about is what would be sought after.  There could be more licenses negotiated later.

For slide and shoot games like the Astrosmash remake, remakes of Centipede and Demon Attack are expected later.  I think games like R-type are similar with the added element of the scrolling background obstacles.  Amico R-type is expected either this year or early 2021.  Space Invaders is a well known license but I'm not sure if they have interest in that game and I don't think calling it Space Armada is a good idea.

Thanks for your comments. I know they've mentioned some of the IPS, I just hope the console brings back those specific genres in a big way. I'm curious why you think calling it Space Armada is a bad idea. 

Posted (edited)

Maze games I do agree are needed. On the other hand, I also think it's hard to get multiplayer right on those. Of course I'm interested in testing Night Stalker, and seeing how it will play.

Still, the best example in my mind is Wizard of Wor. That one would be great to have.

Another genre that should come back is QIX-style games.

Edited by cmadruga
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, cmadruga said:

Maze games I do agree are needed. On the other hand, I also think it's hard to get multiplayer right on those. Of course I'm interested in testing Night Stalker, and seeing how it will play.

Still, the best example in my mind is Wizard of Wor. That one would be great to have.

Another genre that should come back is QIX-style games.

Yeah, something like Ultimate Qix, but better would be super cool. Wizard of Wor rocks!