IGNORED

Coming Soon!!

Guitarman

Hello everyone. It has been a while since I've been on the board so I have some catching up to do. In the past 3 years I have moved from Reno NV area back to San Diego, and now just planted myself near Austin TX. After 2 moves relocating my Atari collection (more like a mini warehouse), it is time to start thinning the herd a bit. Most of you that have been around for a while that have followed the many lucky Atari collections I have been able to find, save, acquire, etc, know exactly what I mean by 'mini warehouse' when it comes to the amount. I need to figure out how to stage and post what is available. It will be small quantities at a time. My plan is to do it in a way that makes sure it goes into the Atari community. I'm not about trying to drain every dollar out of this stuff so I am trying to keep it off of eBay and make sure it gets into the hands of real Atari lovers. One of the collections I acquired came with a promise that it be dealt with in that way, and that's how I feel about all of what I will be making available.

If anyone has any suggestions as to a good way to post the items for sale (here, 3rd party marketplace, etc), Let me know. I'm open to suggestions.

Just to give you an example of what I am talking about, for those that don't know, see the pics below. FYI, over 70% of the boxes that don't say "Atari" on them, are filled with "Atari".

IMG_2426.thumb.jpeg.56afede2f83c21921af1ffc3d22d3c71.jpeg  IMG_2427.thumb.jpeg.712f5149d0414e8b905efece1e38111a.jpeg

Let the fun begin!!!

• Like 17
  • Thanks 6

heh, i miss some for my collection ...
- Falcon, but this one is too expensive for me
- Atari 5200 with working pads, or only pads (I have 5200 in terrible condition, no pads ...)
- 2600 vader (I have several in Jr version)
And a dozen or so peripherals ... But shipping to Poland will probably be too expensive ...

1 hour ago, Mclaneinc said:

Damn, that's a big set of boxes.....Nice one..

Sadly, wrong country and even worse, as per normal, no money :)

Best of luck in finding good homes, I should not imagine it will be a problem :)

But most of all, keep safe..

Small world, i'm literally up the road from you in Ruislip, I've got all my 16bit Atari's now working due to the lockdown so it's been good in that respect.

You exclusively 8bit, they working hard too?

Hi James,

Atari is in my blood but I'm also a C64'er, an Amgia person, multi console and basically anything classed as retro with a few exceptions like the Beeb and a speccy, never had them and never really wanted them.

And yeah, all my machines have been getting a switch on, beats staring out the window at the not so wonderful Racecourse Estate :) playing spot the drug dealer :) (who now all seem to own dogs so they can use the walking them as a reason to be out).

Stay safe good sir...

Have fun in Austin, I moved from Canyon Lake, just south of you about 5 years ago. Nice place to visit, but it got too over crowded for me, it was country when I moved there in 2005 and by 2015 it had grown into a city! I'm interested in the 7800 and 410 and 810 drives that I see boxed there. Probably more too that I don't see. Got an 850 interface? Super Salt board?

14 hours ago, Guitarman said:

If anyone has any suggestions as to a good way to post the items for sale (here, 3rd party marketplace, etc), Let me know. I'm open to suggestions.

If you want to maximize your profit you can sell pieces individually. On the other hand if you want to save yourself time you might want to sell things in "groupings" or "lots". I would suggest you make small groupings that make sense. For instances if you are selling a bunch of joysticks (assuming they are common joysticks), sell them in pairs. Or if you are selling say 2600 consoles, sell the consoles as a set. Meaning they come with power supply, RF box, pair of joystick, pair of paddles and a pair of driving controllers (heck, you may even consider putting a bunch of common carts with each console). Either way you will want to make some kind of list. I would still make the list in chunks. Something like an 8-bit computer list and that day you just post all your 600XL computer for sale.

I do think you could just sell your stuff from the AA market place.

That's my 2 cents.

14 hours ago, larrylaffer said:

Can I fit my bed somewhere between the boxes? ?

I did just the other night!!!!  LOL

13 hours ago, gnusto said:

Lots of nice stuff just from what is visible (but what's the Flashback 7 doing in there? heh).

LOL. I have at least one of every Flashback that has come out. BUT... I will be selling some Flashback 2 consoles, boxed and new, that I bought a bunch of when they were available, about 10 of them!

13 hours ago, scotty said:

I need a 1200XL and an XEGS if you have any.  I promise it is for my personal collection, and not to flip.

We can talk when I get to them. I do have 2 boxed XEGS and probably 2 or 3 loose. My 1200XL count currently stands at 13. (ouch)

12 hours ago, towmater said:

Jag...uar...c...d... (<faint>)

Actually have 2 working JagCD's!! How rare is that?? I will probably be selling the boxed set in the picture at some point during all of this.

11 hours ago, tabar said:

Noticed a commodore in there to. Any repair parts? (65xe keyboard Mylar/power supplies)

I have 2 bins full of power supplies. So......yes. LOL  Lots of parts and pieces throughout all the boxes and bins. I ended up buying out all the hardware from an old Atari Service Center a few years ago, so I also have all the testing hardware to test and repair most 8-bit and ST hardware. Plus tons of extra parts.

5 hours ago, Spancho said:

Impressive collection.

I am still looking for some working joysticks and a trackball.

In case you want part from those, let me know.

I have 1 or 2 bins full of various joystick. I know I have 2 or 3 boxed trackballs and a few loose.

4 hours ago, JamesWD said:

Also is it US only or are you willing to post worldwide etc. ?

Probably sticking to US but may consider others if it's not much trouble

1 hour ago, Gunstar said:

Have fun in Austin, I moved from Canyon Lake, just south of you about 5 years ago. Nice place to visit, but it got too over crowded for me, it was country when I moved there in 2005 and by 2015 it had grown into a city! I'm interested in the 7800 and 410 and 810 drives that I see boxed there. Probably more too that I don't see. Got an 850 interface? Super Salt board?

Moved to Lago Vista, hill country. Love it!!!  There are a few 850's interfaces throughout this mess!! LOL  I know I have a couple of SALT carts. Matter of finding them. I can let you know when I do.

• Thanks 1

To get a better look at some of the stuff that will be coming, here are a few pictures when I actually had a portion of the collection shelved and somewhat organized, about 6-7 years ago. There is a lot more now but this gives a better look at what we're talking about.

1048449423_AtariShelves001.thumb.jpg.127cc2920237a1e8103b2252791bb9b6.jpg 425326913_AtariShelves002.thumb.jpg.ce160198324b4cb08757cce8a8aa119c.jpg 1443719313_AtariShelves003.thumb.jpg.2994e9bac0463bef8fa53821d4c3597b.jpg

1229496828_AtariShelves004.thumb.jpg.fd2c7e3b19ffd206ed0c290d229ae1fc.jpg 1736841537_AtariShelves005.thumb.jpg.47b5eeb515fb2833ec5a053f546f35f9.jpg

2033135085_AtariShelves006.thumb.jpg.ba27f04ac1934a4871266f97fbf27097.jpg

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1