IGNORED

My "Star Trek Fun" Compilation

pixelpedant

I'd been finding and hoarding (mostly musical) TI Star Trek fan art, almost all from user groups archives, for the last bit.  Putting together a disk of various stuff for my own use, then for a video compilation.  And I thought there might be other folks who'd find some enjoyment from it.  Naturally, I have no confidence at all in the integrity of the original file with respect to the author's creation, since it's all BASIC/XB.  Anybody could have changed it any way at all.  Better versions might be available.  And if they are, I'd be interested to see them! 

But what I have is attached here:

ti99trekcomp.zip

As I say, as a "Star Trek Fun" compilation of mostly non-interactive Star Trek music, images, and demos for 99/4 and 99/4A, in case anyone else wants to indulge in some TI Treking.  Not TI-TREKing, mind you.  Star Trek games are another matter.  Though I've also been hoarding those lately. 

Contents of the file (and all of this information is also in the README in the compilation) are:

1) TI-Artist Plus minimal install with the following images:

UHURA_P

ENTERPRS_P

KHAN!_P

L-NIMOY_P

MCCOY_P

SCOTTY_P

CHEKOV_P

Artist LOADer renamed to ARTLOAD to prevent autoloading, so launch in XB via ARTLOAD or in E/A via ARTIST1.

image.png.cc286f75d4582f75cd3383712151f23b.png

2) STAR-TREK

Star Trek theme music By Sam Moore Jr.

Extended BASIC.

image.png.17d043d89b75186e47001bef66edb910.png

3) STARTREKTV

Star Trek theme by Ken Gilliland. Includes Roddenberry’s seldom-seen lyrics for the song.

Extended BASIC.

image.png.d16152c852238c2bd55e60403a9762fc.png

4) STARTMP1

Theme from Star Trek: The Motion Picture.  By Barry Fishman.  

Console BASIC.

image.png.815ac5b45e880763af624de59b8d30f5.png

5) STARTMP2

Rescoring of TMP music (from original by Barry J. Fishman) and addition of new graphics by Ken Gilliland.

Extended BASIC.

image.png.ba7a1356ea06b28626d3b29916acf3dd.png

6) TREK2A (and uses TREK2B)

Theme to STAR TREK 2 "The Wrath of Khan" by Ken Gilliland.

Extended BASIC.

image.png.b2d30903a6d5504bd6fd31dc76c38e19.png

7) STARTREK3

Theme from Star Trek III: The Search for Spock with thematic graphics. By Ken Gilliland.

Extended BASIC.

image.png.8b21d1690fac1248cdf799bd01f643f3.png

8) ENTERPRISE

Simple demo of the Enterprise flying through space.  

Extended BASIC.

image.png.04196ba069f2a0b6f17c14fcee0aab9e.png

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Cool!  Yeah, we can certainly do more impressive things these days, where images are concerned, with the power of Convert9918. 

But I still feel like it's fun to look at the old ones, especially when they were evidently drawn manually. 

Like, for example, whoever MICRO-SIS is - good work!

image.png.2d4b9ac963578798646889e2eb3994ba.png

• Like 1

1 hour ago, arcadeshopper said:

this image was in a file you could "view" on a tibbs with te2 and see the picture on your screen back in the day!  Probably Emperor Ken had it on his BBS which is what I am remembering it from.:) 

It's on account of this kind of oral history that I'm so thankful for this community.  And it does seem like there was a lot of "cross-polination", as it were, among this category of programs. 

For example, a demo called TREKKIE, which I didn't bother including here, but which I've attached now to this message, written in Console BASIC and portraying the Enterprise being attacked by an enemy ship, clearly features the same main graphics (minus some minor defects) as the demo above (STAR-TREK) featuring Sam Moore Jr's version of the theme. 

image.png.c2ec53cef8fc6d77556728f3654e0e40.png

TREKKIE

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, sparkdrummer said:

Looks like volume 7 is the only one of these you didn't have, Sparky! Weren't these from Emperor Ken as well, BITD?

• Like 1

On 4/17/2020 at 5:09 PM, pixelpedant said:

For example, a demo called TREKKIE, which I didn't bother including here, but which I've attached now to this message, written in Console BASIC and portraying the Enterprise being attacked by an enemy ship, clearly features the same main graphics (minus some minor defects) as the demo above (STAR-TREK) featuring Sam Moore Jr's version of the theme. 

Hope the music's good, cuz that drawing sucks on every level.

On 4/17/2020 at 2:13 PM, INVISIBLE said:

Star Trek: Picard Images

Requires: F18A

Star Trek Picard (F18A).zip 63.38 kB · 13 downloads

What program are you using to view the images - I see 13 people so far have downloaded the file.  Either most people know how to view the files or we have a lot of data hoarders.  Or both.  :)

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, InsaneMultitasker said:

What program are you using to view the images - I see 13 people so far have downloaded the file.  Either most people know how to view the files or we have a lot of data hoarders.  Or both.  :)

Tursi's awesome << SLIDESHOW 99 >> does a good job.  However, these particular pictures also require your TI be equipped with an F18A.

• Like 3

15 hours ago, InsaneMultitasker said:

Oh, are you using a disk drive or HxC?  I dunno if it's just me, but I've not been able to get it to work with the TIPI.

58 minutes ago, INVISIBLE said:

... oh, BTW the Slideshow 99 program is also available in a FR99/FG99 cartridge .BIN format  << HERE >>.

Oh, wow.  That's awesome.  I mean, messing with disks isn't nearly as annoying with TIPI these days as it tends to be by any other means.  But it doesn't get any easier than FGROM.  Thanks for pointing that out!