IGNORED

ABBUC Magazine: Shipping restrictions CHILE and US

skr

Dear ABBUC members in Chile,

I just got the magazines back with a note, that shipping is currently not possible. I am very sorry about that and will watch the German postal service informations ( https://www.deutschepost.de/de/c/coronavirus.html#international ) to see, when it changes and then resend the magazines. Please go to the ABBUC website to download at least the digital version of the magazine (.ATR) and the papermag (.PDF).

The same page says, that shipping to the US is generally possible, but restrictions might apply. Can anyone from the US please give me feeback, if the magazine arrived?

Apologies,

Sascha

retour.thumb.jpeg.edb4d9acc60da1cff3d2e144d266792d.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

I've received packages from China to US, but they have definitely been delayed.   Both internal to China and at inbound US customs. 

So far have not had problems with outbound packages to the European continent. 

I wouldn't be surprised if the US customs office is completely boloxed.  Trump himself can't decide if he's only going to bar people or shipping, or people AND shipping from Europe.  Depends on what minute you ask him.  :(

• Haha 1
  • Confused 2

My membership started December 2019 and I also just received #140 yesterday in Canada, my first mailing. :thumbsup:

I was initially told to expect #139 and a membership card. With the recent board change, I suspect it was more likely not sent, vs lost in the mail. I'll check in with Thomas Schulz. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, devwebcl said:

Pity, however, never I was able to subscribe... no answer from Abbuc... maybe after this pandemic.

You can contact @skr directly here at AtariAge. He's the new chairman of ABBUC and reads this forum regularly. The form for joining the ABBUC at the homepage seems to be unreliable.

You can expect more international content (in English language) from ABBUC in future. (And of course all of you are invited to write articles for the paper mag :-))

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Bunsen said:

The form for joining the ABBUC at the homepage seems to be unreliable.

Let´s say: It´s not very state-of-the-art. It was fine when Wolfgang handled everything on his own, but now we are working in a team. It might have been a bit too ambicious to start right away and so I have my lessons learned and will change the process. So focus now is to first get back to all the people that registered since October 2019 and then update the registration process. I will check right now that I have all the Email-addresses and reach out for you who registered.
You are not forgotten or ignored and I will find a way to handle that more efficient from now on.

Thanks for all the feedback here an also per Email and Facebook. All is listened to and I appreciate it. Now, let me do some work and take my apologies for the frustration it might have caused not hearing back in proper time.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

Mail from Germany to Chile is probably carried on passenger flights and once those are cancelled, there are probably no procedures in place to re-route them via other connections, even if this might be possible in theory.

• Like 1

It looks like the shipping situation is fluid just like the virus, glad the shipping companies and leadership are changing their minds based on numbers, where the hot spots are moving. It's true if flights can't even go where a package wants to be, we'll be stuck on that one. Good thing people and shipping companies can decide one way and change their minds the next when the things are different as outbreaks occur. Another issue is the reduced work force many shipping companies are stuck with right now as online food and necessity shopping is really hammering them on the local level as well.

I think they are doing a great amount of work and are getting very little credit. I got delivered a package yesterday- SUNDAY at 8:15pm by the US postal service. So if it takes an extra week give or take for my toys... I can live with it.

UPS is working overtime as well at least in Horsham, They are running 7/24.

Not sure about FED EX though...

May I also note we haven't seen DHL in weeks... but they are a German company operating in the US, they have yellow trucks.

let us know what day and how late in the evening you see either of these two...

Edited by _The Doctor__