IGNORED

Custom Mini Boxes For 2600 Carts

LiamIsaacs

I was a bit bored in lockdown and for a while I've been wanting to do something for my loose 2600 carts.

I decided to try some custom mini boxes just big enough for the carts. I wanted to include the key info you're missing without the manual.

The front is the original box artwork. One side has 1 or 2 Player icons. The other side has basic controls and the rear

has difficulty switches, game modes, tips etc.

Just wanted to throw them out there and see what people think

20200418_155833.jpg

20200418_155757.jpg

20200418_155624.jpg

20200418_155716.jpg

20200418_155738.jpg

Edited by LiamIsaacs
Typos
  • Like 20
  • Thanks 3

16 minutes ago, save2600 said:

Very cool, love 'em! Would be great to see these printed professionally, on glossy stock and sold for mere peanuts.   :grin:

I was thinking the same, I've been looking at a website where they can print on glossy 170gsm card. 25 designs are coming out at about £8.50 +p&p so they wouldn't cost too much

Edited by LiamIsaacs
Typos
  • Like 3

44 minutes ago, LiamIsaacs said:

I was thinking the same, I've been looking at a website where they can print on glossy 170gsm card. 25 designs are coming out at about £8.50 +p&p so they wouldn't cost too much

Do it...Do it...Do it!  I love them and would be interested in a set for the original (Text # Label Variation) launch titles, as well as, some of the classics (e.g. Asteroids, Space Invaders, Missile Command). 

Very cool.?

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, sramirez2008 said:

Do it...Do it...Do it!  I love them and would be interested in a set for the original (Text # Label Variation) launch titles, as well as, some of the classics (e.g. Asteroids, Space Invaders, Missile Command). 

Very cool.?

Funny you should say that I've just finished Asteroids. Had some fun trying to fit all 66 game modes on the back

20200418_200157.jpg

20200418_200214.jpg

Edited by LiamIsaacs
Typos
  • Like 7

I've got another 19 to go in my collection. I think when I've done them I might stick a link up so people can download the pdfs.

One I've got them all done I'm going to look into having mine printed professionally so I can let you guys know how it goes and send a link to the site I use.

After that I can take requests but work, family etc will mean there might be a little wait. It would be nice to build a bank up so people can download the ones they need.

Edited by LiamIsaacs
Extra
  • Like 6

On 4/18/2020 at 12:28 PM, LiamIsaacs said:

I was a bit bored in lockdown and for a while I've been wanting to do something for my loose 2600 carts.

I decided to try some custom mini boxes just big enough for the carts. I wanted to include the key info you're missing without the manual.

The front is the original box artwork. One side has 1 or 2 Player icons. The other side has basic controls and the rear

20200418_155833.jpg

20200418_155757.jpg

20200418_155624.jpg

20200418_155716.jpg

20200418_155738.jpg

Great Idea. Would love to have a set for all my loose carts :)

Edited by David Alexander
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 4/18/2020 at 11:28 AM, LiamIsaacs said:

Awesome creation!

The only thing is you will want to make a box for (almost) every title as most of us have ALOT of loose Atari VCS/2600 carts!!!! I know its like opening a can of worms, but it just wouldn't look right if only a few game titles had these boxes and other carts in our collections didn't.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Arenafoot said:

Awesome creation!

The only thing is you will want to make a box for (almost) every title as most of us have ALOT of loose Atari VCS/2600 carts!!!! I know its like opening a can of worms, but it just wouldn't look right if only a few game titles had these boxes and other carts in our collections didn't.

Yeah I know it's going to be a big project. Even if you say there's 200 games the majority of people would want. 5 a week would be 40 weeks.

Now I have templates set up some don't take to long at all. Then you get to some like Asteroids where it took me ages to figure out how to fit 66 game modes into a tiny table.

I'd say if I could get the most popular games done then do the more obscure ones as they are requested rather than setting out to do all 1000+ games.

I'd imagine there would be a great deal of games which never get requested.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, nads said:

This look Fantastic!!

You'll definitely need to do the Activision Titles first!

I would love a Dragster one!

Yeah they're definitely some of the nicest. I've got Ice hockey and H.E.R.O to do in my own collection.

I think I'll move on to the text lable launch titles so I can have a go at some original artwork and the Activision titles.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, sramirez2008 said:

Ohh, H.E.R.O. would be great!

I know it might sound daft and it might be different for others but it makes me want to play them more too. My H.E.R.O cart is just the ugly white lable text version. My beamrider is also one of the later cheap looking White lable Activision ones.

I love the game but haven't played it in a while. The minute I put it in the mini box I wanted to play it as the original artwork is so nice.

Edited by LiamIsaacs
Typos
  • Like 3