IGNORED

Need game ideas

MrBeefy

So been playing some 2600 with my son. Too young to really operate things himself but gets it when dad says push the button. I'm looking for games that will work well with him shooting and me steering.

Right now the three games that seem to work for us are Space Invaders, Galaxian, and Seaquest (hardest of the three if he doesn't shoot regularly) :(

Any other ideas on shooters like Space Invaders or Galaxian. Or maybe another game/type of game to try?

• Like 1

On 4/20/2020 at 2:21 PM, MrBeefy said:

So been playing some 2600 with my son. Too young to really operate things himself but gets it when dad says push the button. I'm looking for games that will work well with him shooting and me steering.

Right now the three games that seem to work for us are Space Invaders, Galaxian, and Seaquest (hardest of the three if he doesn't shoot regularly) :(

Any other ideas on shooters like Space Invaders or Galaxian. Or maybe another game/type of game to try?

River Raid

Combat

Dig Dug

Moon Patrol

Vanguard

Wizard of War

Have fun with Beefy Jnr. ?

• Like 1

On 4/22/2020 at 8:16 AM, s0c7 said:

Star Voyager has variations that allow one player to steer and one shoot.

Canyon Bomber can be played with just the fire button.

Maybe we can play one of my favorite 2600 homebrews Dungeon? I move and pick option he confirms.

?

On 4/20/2020 at 2:21 AM, MrBeefy said:

Yeah, Ms Pac Man!  Tell him to shoot just as you eat the ghosts!

• Like 1

On 4/21/2020 at 1:09 PM, CadaverKev said:

You could play outlaw with him, at his pace... and just let him win! My daughter just loved "defeating" me almost every time.? 

Did this tonight with him. It was funny I gave him a head start and then my wife to take over and he beat her lol. He can't move and shoot at the same time so it was hilarious to make fun of her losing! Good times.

5 hours ago, Spriggy said:

Try Demons to Diamonds then.  Good 2 player as well.

Will have to try that one! 

It's been fun playing these with little guy! I was thinking about you when we were playing Enduro/Fasters. Now that I got him playing, if only I could get my wife to not be imaginary and join in the fun... ??

• Haha 1